"M" bus project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "M" bus project

This would make a cool project for someone. Not close to me but I would love to have it for a flea market vehicle. Steve
    sigpic

Sorry Steve? Interesting thread title but what are you referring to?
    Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/1857456047.html

maybe this link.
      John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

57' Transtar 259 punched to 312 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

64' (Studebaker Built) Trailer Toter

Comment

What, You all arent mind readers? Yes, that was the link, Steve
        sigpic

Comment

Hey, my wife is on her way to San Francisco even as I type this. Do you think I could get her to bring it home as carry-on or even checked baggage?
          Kindest regards,

Alan Mende
          Grantville, PA

I'm not a mechanic; I don't even play one on TV.

Comment

Well, it appears to be in decent condition. I never knew that Los Gatos was that wet. Look at the algae on the side of the bus!

This would be a rather expensive vehicle to transport. Might be cheaper to buy new tires and try to get the engine going.
            Ron Smith

Comment

I was born in Los Gatos, now live in Missouri. I just sent my wife a email telling her I had a sudden urge to go back to my homeland, with a link to the cr listing.
              She probably wouldn't even let me west of my drive way.......
              TDITS The Dude In The Stude

Comment

Well, it appears to be in decent condition.
                C'mon Ron! Its in decent condition compared to the Andrea Doria perhaps, but it looks to me like it would be a money pit. No doubt it would be a fun ride for someone with the dedication and the money to bring it back. Then again, I suppose I'm spoiled by all these rust-free high plains cars and trucks.
                John
                1950 Champion
                W-3 4 Dr. Sedan
                Holdrege NE

Comment

That pics dont make the old bus look too bad under the grime. I can buy a totalled deisel bus with good frame and running gear locally that would go under that body if it was mine. Modern running gear, steering, brakes and air and one would have a great start on a tug for their show cars. A simple camper conversion and you would be set. Getting everything to the same place is the deal killer. Steve
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lothar View Post
                    C'mon Ron! Its in decent condition compared to the Andrea Doria perhaps, but it looks to me like it would be a money pit. No doubt it would be a fun ride for someone with the dedication and the money to bring it back. Then again, I suppose I'm spoiled by all these rust-free high plains cars and trucks.
                    I didn't say I was considering it. However, now you bring it up, I do have a large motorhomes here, two chassis in fact (one Dodge and one Chevy), that would make good donors for this project. However, getting the monster home would be a nightmare. Besides, I couldn't afford it if it was free (LOL)!! Bess comes first before anything else!
                    Ron Smith

Comment

This bus appears to be a 1946 or early 1947 model M16-95, not a 1949 production.

Frank Drumheller
                      Locust Grove, VA
                      60S-W6
                      1948 M16-52 Boyer-bodied fire truck

Comment

Working...
                      X