Studebakers Restaurant Auction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebakers Restaurant Auction

For those of you close to Myrtle Beach, you may be able to get some cool stuff for your shop!

http://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/au...520&category=0

Last edited by DEEPNHOCK; 07-16-2010, 08:10 PM.
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Comment

Boy, it's sad to see any business go under. However, it looks like some good stuff up for auction. I hope the stuff goes to good homes.
        Rog
        '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
        Smithtown,NY
        Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

I had that style of "LARK" double faced illuminated sign except mine had the original frame. I sold it to Mr. Studebaker for $40 delivered to Reedsville. I don't know how much it sold for in his estate sale or where it is now.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Sad.....

(copy)

Iconic S.C. nightspot becoming a Dollar General

Former Studebaker's has a future as a discount store

• A Studebaker's sign glows inside the club in July 2009. (Photo by Randall Hill rhill@thesunnews.com)

• The former Studebaker's nightclub - often home of the National Shag Dance championships - has been gutted. (Photo by Charles Slate - cslate@thesunnews.com)

• Bill and Carol Petras of Myrtle Beach dance during the Fabulous 50s Sock Hop held in July 2009 at Studebaker's in Myrtle Beach. (Photo By Randall Hill/Myrtle Beach Sun News)
            The former Studebaker's nightclub will soon be a Dollar General store, according to Myrtle Beach spokesman Mark Kruea and construction company DooleyMack Constructors.
            The renovation has begun at 2000 N. Kings Highway and will likely last eight weeks, said Barbara Leopard of DooleyMack.
            Studebaker's, a long-standing Myrtle Beach icon and home to most of the annual National Shag Dance Championships, closed in January because of the poor economy and reduced attendance at the May bike rallies, owner Don Cauthen has said.
            Filling the 29-year-old nightclub's space will improve business in the strip mall where it's located, but a Dollar General probably won't return the mall to its heyday, said Chris Williams, co-owner of Knucklehead's Bar and Grill next to the former Studebaker's.
            "It definitely won't be as good," Williams said. "It will get people in the shopping center. If that gets me more business, that'll be great. But it definitely won't be as good as Studebaker's was."
            Tennessee-based Dollar General operates more than 8,800 stores in 35 states. The company also plans to open new stores in Georgetown, Longs and Conway.
            HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
              I had that style of "LARK" double faced illuminated sign except mine had the original frame. I sold it to Mr. Studebaker for $40 delivered to Reedsville. I don't know how much it sold for in his estate sale or where it is now.
              I would consider trading a kidney for one of those! From what I've seen lately, my best bet is to hope to stumble across one at a garage sale
              Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
              Romans 15:13
              Deuteronomy 31:6
              Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Working...
              X