STILL : searching for 64 wagonaire to purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    happy easter to all.... the sun finally came out again in s.w.,washington !

this is my GOAL : this is the last week of a divorce, iam selling my 6 acre view property here.

iam replacing the old gal,,,, with this 64 wagonaire.....LOL....i have spent the last 30 YEARS as a county health inspector...iam a DETAIL PERSON. i can fix little things... i had my share of the BODY SHOP with the old lady....

everyone says.... take up a hobby.....LIKE THE TOYOTO T.V. COMMERCIAL....( MOVING FORWARD )....

MY POINT IS .... SPEND A LITTLE MORE... = ENJOY a little MORE....i.e.,
    i will pay a little extra for a clean 64 .

if anyone has photos please just e-mail them to : envirlaw55@hotmail.com

keep in touch....... ed ...
    p.s.... guys :if anyone is thinking of a divorce = ! move to a NON-COMMUNITY PROPERTY STATE....THERE ARE 41 STATES THAT ARE (OUT THERE)

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    happy easter to all.... the sun finally came out again in s.w.,washington !

this is my GOAL : this is the last week of a divorce, iam selling my 6 acre view property here.

iam replacing the old gal,,,, with this 64 wagonaire.....LOL....i have spent the last 30 YEARS as a county health inspector...iam a DETAIL PERSON. i can fix little things... i had my share of the BODY SHOP with the old lady....

everyone says.... take up a hobby.....LIKE THE TOYOTO T.V. COMMERCIAL....( MOVING FORWARD )....

MY POINT IS .... SPEND A LITTLE MORE... = ENJOY a little MORE....i.e.,
    i will pay a little extra for a clean 64 .

if anyone has photos please just e-mail them to : envirlaw55@hotmail.com

keep in touch....... ed ...
    p.s.... guys :if anyone is thinking of a divorce = ! move to a NON-COMMUNITY PROPERTY STATE....THERE ARE 41 STATES THAT ARE (OUT THERE)

Leave a comment:

• Roscomacaw
    replied
    Such a deal![]

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

Leave a comment:

• Roscomacaw
    replied
    Such a deal![]

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    quote:Originally posted by DaveH

Hey Ed
    I have a 64 slide top i would sell need to make some room.Car runs and drives radaitor and brakes have been done.Its a 259 auto p/s and twin trac . Needs restoration but not bad in the way of rust front floor s have a few small holes from wet carpets quarters are solid as well as rockers.Some rust in lower front fenders and bottom of tailgate.I am in wash state close to Tacoma Let me know if your interested $2500 Dave

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    quote:Originally posted by DaveH

Hey Ed
    I have a 64 slide top i would sell need to make some room.Car runs and drives radaitor and brakes have been done.Its a 259 auto p/s and twin trac . Needs restoration but not bad in the way of rust front floor s have a few small holes from wet carpets quarters are solid as well as rockers.Some rust in lower front fenders and bottom of tailgate.I am in wash state close to Tacoma Let me know if your interested $2500 Dave

Leave a comment:

• DaveH
    replied
    Hey Ed

Leave a comment:

• DaveH
    replied
    Hey Ed

Leave a comment:

• Orestudeguy
    replied
    The 64 Wagonaire that I'm currenrly working on has no rust on the quarters.. Just a large dent in one.. The t'gate has a slight hint of rust pimples on the lower part of it.. No rust thru..
    I have noticed that the area around the hinges have cracked.. I will look at that as soon as I complete the brake upgrade..
    This car was abandoned in a grove of trees along with an old Mercedes.. When the property was sold, the new owner gave the car to our club.. It was so covered with moss that it had to be pressure washed to see what the actual outside color was..
    Thus it's nickname "mossey"..[:I]

George
    Grants Pass, Oregon
    65 Commander 2door
    64 Wagonaire's (1 parts car, 1 Canadian fixed roof disc brake car, the other sliding roof South Bend car.)
    63 Champ
    63 GT Hawk
    51 Champion Starlight Coupe

Leave a comment:

• Orestudeguy
    replied
    The 64 Wagonaire that I'm currenrly working on has no rust on the quarters.. Just a large dent in one.. The t'gate has a slight hint of rust pimples on the lower part of it.. No rust thru..
    I have noticed that the area around the hinges have cracked.. I will look at that as soon as I complete the brake upgrade..
    This car was abandoned in a grove of trees along with an old Mercedes.. When the property was sold, the new owner gave the car to our club.. It was so covered with moss that it had to be pressure washed to see what the actual outside color was..
    Thus it's nickname "mossey"..[:I]

George
    Grants Pass, Oregon
    65 Commander 2door
    64 Wagonaire's (1 parts car, 1 Canadian fixed roof disc brake car, the other sliding roof South Bend car.)
    63 Champ
    63 GT Hawk
    51 Champion Starlight Coupe

Leave a comment:

• studeclunker
    replied
    From Mr. Biggs:
    quote:gordr writes: "be advised that Wagonaires often have rear quarter rust"

Gord, couldn't you change "often" to "always"? I think that would be closer to the truth (not that you'd be deceptive of course!)
    I think I'd stick with 'often' over 'always'. Then again, degree of rust is a valid point as well. I currently have two '63 Wagonaires on the property (both for sale by-the-by) where one simply doesn't have the lower rear quarter panel anymore below the top of the wheel well. It's completely rusted away. The other is fine. Dented up, but fine. The Blue Witch ('64 Can.) had pimples in the lower rear quarters and my brown ('64 So. Bend) was fine with no indication of rust in the rear quarters at all. Only George can say if those two have changed...

By the by, 'out there' fits me like a glove. Describes both my personality and location![)]

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    Lotsa Larks!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?

Leave a comment:

• studeclunker
    replied
    From Mr. Biggs:
    quote:gordr writes: "be advised that Wagonaires often have rear quarter rust"

Gord, couldn't you change "often" to "always"? I think that would be closer to the truth (not that you'd be deceptive of course!)
    I think I'd stick with 'often' over 'always'. Then again, degree of rust is a valid point as well. I currently have two '63 Wagonaires on the property (both for sale by-the-by) where one simply doesn't have the lower rear quarter panel anymore below the top of the wheel well. It's completely rusted away. The other is fine. Dented up, but fine. The Blue Witch ('64 Can.) had pimples in the lower rear quarters and my brown ('64 So. Bend) was fine with no indication of rust in the rear quarters at all. Only George can say if those two have changed...

By the by, 'out there' fits me like a glove. Describes both my personality and location![)]

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    Lotsa Larks!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?

Leave a comment:

• 1956 Hawk
    replied
    Mr. Biggs, its the same one. It has "save rusty" written on the front window. The 283 Chevy is still in the car. The three speed with overdrive has broken gears and was in the back of the wagon. We are in the process of making it drivable right now.
    David

Leave a comment:

• 1956 Hawk
    replied
    Mr. Biggs, its the same one. It has "save rusty" written on the front window. The 283 Chevy is still in the car. The three speed with overdrive has broken gears and was in the back of the wagon. We are in the process of making it drivable right now.
    David

Leave a comment:

• Guido
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs
    I'd submit that if one finds a Wagonaire without rust behind the rear wheels, it's because it's been repaired already - same thing with the tailgate.
    Bob,

I sold a couple of decent '64 tailgates at York, in fact Gary Ash got one for his project car.

Gary

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X