Snow in April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:Originally posted by lstude

I know a lot of you guys have dealt with snow all winter, but this is the first we have had in central Virginia. The temperature reached 86 degrees last week, and now snow on the azalea and dogwood blooms!
    Leonard,

I was running in the snow at 7:00 this morning and it was still coming down.

Gary

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.
    Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

quote:Originally posted by lstude

I know a lot of you guys have dealt with snow all winter, but this is the first we have had in central Virginia. The temperature reached 86 degrees last week, and now snow on the azalea and dogwood blooms!
      Leonard,

I was running in the snow at 7:00 this morning and it was still coming down.

Gary

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.
      Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

I was fiddling with a hidden antenna installation in the '63 GT yesterday and had the Mariners/Indians game (from Cleveland) tuned in as my "test" station. White out conditions on the field [:0].

(My wife wandered by and wanted to know if I had picked up a game from 1963 )

BTW, 75 F in Bellingham yesterday .

Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

Comment

I was fiddling with a hidden antenna installation in the '63 GT yesterday and had the Mariners/Indians game (from Cleveland) tuned in as my "test" station. White out conditions on the field [:0].

(My wife wandered by and wanted to know if I had picked up a game from 1963 )

BTW, 75 F in Bellingham yesterday .

Dick Steinkamp
          Bellingham, WA

Comment

Snow !! You mean that white flakey stuff.
            No snow down here in FT. Lauderdale. We get Hurricanes instead.

PS - Still waiting for my 63 GT hawk to arrive from Las Vegas.
            These Transporters take forever.

Comment

Snow !! You mean that white flakey stuff.
              No snow down here in FT. Lauderdale. We get Hurricanes instead.

PS - Still waiting for my 63 GT hawk to arrive from Las Vegas.
              These Transporters take forever.

Comment

Gorgeous spring day on Vancouver Island yesterday. Raining today, but still warm (+15C = 60F).

Mark
                Mark Hayden
                '66 Commander
                Zone Coordinator
                Pacific Can-Am Zone

Comment

Gorgeous spring day on Vancouver Island yesterday. Raining today, but still warm (+15C = 60F).

Mark
                  Mark Hayden
                  '66 Commander
                  Zone Coordinator
                  Pacific Can-Am Zone

Comment

78 and sunny here yesterday. Going for 80 today. I'm gonna try and finish deconstructing this Wagonaire.[^]

Miscreant adrift in
                    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                    1960 Larkvertible V8
                    1958 Provincial wagon
                    1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

78 and sunny here yesterday. Going for 80 today. I'm gonna try and finish deconstructing this Wagonaire.[^]

Miscreant adrift in
                      the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                      1960 Larkvertible V8
                      1958 Provincial wagon
                      1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I had 12" of the nasty stuff last Monday. I now have a tractor with a loader on it, so I got to play in the snow. Still cold and windy here, but the sun's shining brightly this morning.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

I had 12" of the nasty stuff last Monday. I now have a tractor with a loader on it, so I got to play in the snow. Still cold and windy here, but the sun's shining brightly this morning.

Comment

Got down to 15 degrees here last night. We've had snow EVERY month of the year in the past. I guess that comes from living at 7300 feet here in Laramie, Wyoming.

Rob

Comment

Got down to 15 degrees here last night. We've had snow EVERY month of the year in the past. I guess that comes from living at 7300 feet here in Laramie, Wyoming.

Rob

Comment

By the way, I was asked to inform everyone that the council on the study of Global Warming has postponed this weeks meeting on account of the weather

--------
                                Restoring my grandfather's '60 Lark, one rusted bolt at a time.

Maple Lake, Minnesota
                                '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

Working...
                                X