Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Former Studebaker employee and son rescue a 1959 Studebaker Silver Hawk.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Former Studebaker employee and son rescue a 1959 Studebaker Silver Hawk.

sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

I think I saw that car!!! It was in a july 4th parade.
    Chris Dresbach

Comment

'Way cool, kids. Thanks for posting. Great story and a pretty car.

If it has duals (1959 only as domestic 289 Hawks all had duals), it should have a 4-bbl. With a stick, that would make it the highest-performance 1959 Hawk available, such as it was in 1959! BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I don't believe the 289 was available in the '59. This odd year it was the 259 v8 only, right? (not counting 6's)

Comment

Nice story, beautiful car.

Rog
          '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
          Smithtown,NY
          Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Originally posted by StudHawk60 View Post
            I don't believe the 289 was available in the '59. This odd year it was the 259 v8 only, right? (not counting 6's)
            Yep; the 259 was the only V-8 available in 1959 Silver Hawks. (I referenced 289s because 1957 and 1958 Silver Hawk 289s with the standard 2-bbl carburetor still had dual exhausts.) BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
            X