Dave Arnold's Mom (barnlark)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dave Arnold's Mom (barnlark)

It is with regret that I post that Dave Arnold's Mom passed away last night, July 11. She had been ill for some time. Visitation is Wednesday night, July 14 at the Green Funeral Home, St. Rt. 44 @ Pioneer Trail, P.O. Box 676, Mantua, OH 44255.

Regular posters and lurkers alike know Dave as the witty owner of that beautiful Colonial Red '60 Lark VIII Regal convertible. He's a friend and also an excellent photographer. And anyone who's ever seen his convertible in person knows what a 'detail' guy Dave is.

I know that folks here would want to know.

Thanks.
    Bill Pressler
    Kent, OH
    (formerly Greenville, PA)
    Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
    Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
    1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
    1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
    All are in Australia now

Very sorry to hear. Doesn't matter the age of the parent (or ourselves) or the length of illness, it's always hard to see a loved one pass on to Glory. My condolences and best wishes to you, buddy.

Thanks for posting, Bill.
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Our thoughts are with you Dave ...very sorry
      sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

I know too well the pain Dave & his family are experiencing. My mom had a stroke at 59. She survived for another 10 & 1/2 years in the hospital never to return home all that time. My sister had two more daughters during that time that never got to hear her voice, feel the warmth of her hugs or the joy of her cooking. All they knew is what others said, tapes of their older sister & her talking to each other, all not enough to fill any void. During her hospitaliztion she couldnt talk, couldnt move other than her head side to side & lifting it up slightly off the pillow. But when you visited her, her eyes talked. You could see how happy she was to see you. We would all talk as if we were around the kitchen table. Her breathing relaxed, telling me she was comforted by our visit.

Such things are painful for all of us. Nobody should have to go thru these things. Medical advances are being made and one day these things will be just a memory, if not by man, by our creator. We are with you Dave, if not personally, we have you in our heart.
        59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
        60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
        61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
        62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
        62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
        62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
        63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
        63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
        64 Zip Van
        66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
        66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

So sorry to hear of this, Dave. Know that you and the family are in our thoughts and prayers. Bob & Cari Palma.
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Dave, I pass my condolences along, as well. May God bless your family with wonderful memories of your mother.

Comment

John Clary
              Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Dave: Very sorry to hear of your loss. Just know our prayers are with you and your family.

studedick from the lower Ozarks

Comment

Our condolences to you and your family as well Dave.

Frank and Elizabeth van Doorn
                  Frank van Doorn
                  Omaha, Ne.
                  1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
                  1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
                  1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Very sorry to hear this Dave. You and the rest of your family are in our prayers.

Ted & Mary Ann

Comment

Our thoughts are with you also Dave.

Scott & Kristi
                      Skinny___'59 Lark VIII Regal____'60 Lark Marshal___

Comment

Dave , sorry to hear about your mother passing, our best wished are with you and your family, I know you will come through this but it will take time, plan on seeing you at future outings, your friend out west , Bob
                        Candbstudebakers
                        Castro Valley,
                        California

Comment

My condolences, Dave. It is a tough thing to deal with, but it's a burden we all share.
                          Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

So sorry to read of this Dave. Take care.

Jeff in ND

Comment

Sorry for your loss, you and your family are in our prayers.

Comment

Working...
                              X