New 195 75 R15 wide white tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 195 75 R15 wide white tires

I was looking for tires the other day, and saw this ad that lists this Studebaker tire size. When I checked, this particular size was out of stock, but I was assured that more were coming in and that they were new manufacture.

I understand the whitewall is vulcanized to the side (not cut) and they look very nice. The company is located at 968 Elm Street in Orange California.

Perhaps someone can check them out.

The link is below.

http://www.whitewallcandystore.com/T...lted%20Radials

Paul

Speaking of tires, there's a line of whitewall tires from a company named Peerless. The line of radials I'm talking about is called the "President" and it says "PRESIDENT" on the sidewalls of the tires. These aren't white-lettered tires, just regular whitewalls, but nonetheless, I think it would be cool to have President tires on your Studebaker President![:0][]
    I got a quote of just under $200 for a set of four. That's without taxes, mounting, etc..

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Speaking of tires, there's a line of whitewall tires from a company named Peerless. The line of radials I'm talking about is called the "President" and it says "PRESIDENT" on the sidewalls of the tires. These aren't white-lettered tires, just regular whitewalls, but nonetheless, I think it would be cool to have President tires on your Studebaker President![:0][]
      I got a quote of just under $200 for a set of four. That's without taxes, mounting, etc..

Miscreant adrift in
      the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Peerless was a "house brand" aka a private label brand made by Bridgestone -Firestone and since discontinued. Perhaps someone has picked up the name, but more likely it is someone's old stock that they are more than happy to part with.

55 Commander
        58 Transtar
        62 GT Hawk
        66 Cruiser

Comment

Peerless was a "house brand" aka a private label brand made by Bridgestone -Firestone and since discontinued. Perhaps someone has picked up the name, but more likely it is someone's old stock that they are more than happy to part with.

55 Commander
          58 Transtar
          62 GT Hawk
          66 Cruiser

Comment

WOW! [:0] "The Candy Store" gets $155.00 for one 195X75-R15 wide white wall! Thats as much as the big guys like Coker etc. right? Maybe they are a West Distributor for them, if so at least you would save on shipping.

I checked on some bias ply, tube type truck tires for my Transtar and they were $94.00 ea. shipping from a Penn. classic tire Co.

StudeRich
            Studebakers Northwest
            Ferndale, WA
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

WOW! [:0] "The Candy Store" gets $155.00 for one 195X75-R15 wide white wall! Thats as much as the big guys like Coker etc. right? Maybe they are a West Distributor for them, if so at least you would save on shipping.

I checked on some bias ply, tube type truck tires for my Transtar and they were $94.00 ea. shipping from a Penn. classic tire Co.

StudeRich
              Studebakers Northwest
              Ferndale, WA
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

That would seem about right....as "Charlene" came with 5 new
                Mastercraft 195X75X15 wide white walls, from "The Candy Store",
                at $982, or about $196 per tire, which included the mounting and
                that was back in late 2002.

glen Brose
                East of Chino Valley, AZ

Comment

That would seem about right....as "Charlene" came with 5 new
                  Mastercraft 195X75X15 wide white walls, from "The Candy Store",
                  at $982, or about $196 per tire, which included the mounting and
                  that was back in late 2002.

glen Brose
                  East of Chino Valley, AZ

Comment

Working...
                  X