Poor Sky Hawk going across the block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor Sky Hawk going across the block

'Hate to think of this car's fate tomorrow (Wednesday, July 7th).
    'Haven't decided if I'll attend or not, but it's likely to be real cheap...
    If anyone is interested, bring a trailer and 'come on down' to Indianapolis south side:

http://christys.com/auction_detail.p...0293&v=gallery

('Takes a little while to load; Hawk pictures are across the bottom of the offerings. The 30 prefix on the 1970 Indiana license plate indicates it was last registered in Hancock County Indiana. Hancock County is along the eastern edge of Indianapolis and is home to Studebaker International.)
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Lots of hope for that car. A bucket of hot soapy water, tires and a decklid would make a world of difference there. Steve
    sigpic

Comment

First person I thought of when I saw that was Joe Bacon (jbwhttail) That will have some rear frame damage (bent down) but fixable. Wonder if it'll go for a couple hundred, or a couple unknowledgeable folks will runit up to a thousand or two and look to flip it for big bucks. Happens all the time.

From here it sure looks worth restoring. Bob, if you go, do give us a condition report, and the selling price. If I was a couple hundred miles or less away I might have just used a vacation day to take a shot at it in case it went cheap
      Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth—let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
      Romans 15:13
      Deuteronomy 31:6
      Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

I have seen the car, it is a canidate for resoration and nothing more. There is no frame damage, the sheet metal is bent but the trunk floor is unscathed. Both corners of the trunk are solid as is the drivers floor, thepassenger side has had a fiberglass repair in the past but the door post area is solid. The hood is in great shape, all fenders have some rust, doors look OK as do rockers. The boxes under the doors are good also. I am sure the motor is locked up but is complete, the power booster is the only thing missing under the hood. The interior is "toast" from being stored for 40 years, I was told the car had not been out of the garage since 1970, and I believe that to be true. The headliner and bows are intact. The dash is good but is missing the spedometer, the car is an automatic.

Don't know what else I can say about the car other than it would be a shame for a Sky Hawk to be parted out and this may be the fate of this rare bird. I have a person who will be at the auction and will bid if there is interest, I would also be willing to store the car for a short period if someone buys it and needs storage(outside). More of a project than I am willing to undertake. $800.00 should be tops......
        sigpicIt is an addiction!

Comment

Great colors, looks to be park green and surf green. One of my favorite color combos.

Comment

If anybody buys it I've got the decklid and tail light
            Dwight 54 Commander hardtop

Comment

They will be needed, Dwight; thanks! BP
              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
              "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Wow sounds like you have a new on in the fold
                Mabel 1949 Champion
                Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
                Gus 1958 Transtar
                The Prez 1955 President State
                Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
                Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
                Fresno,Ca

Comment

Originally posted by Anne F. Goodman View Post
                  Wow sounds like you have a new on in the fold
                  No, not me, Anne. I have no interest in the car other than seeing to it that it is not crushed. I was just commenting on the thankful availability of the deck lid and tail light. (If I was to own a Hawk, it would have to be a 1957-1961 V-8 with fins!) BP

Ayn Rand:

Comment

Anything under $1000.00 is a steal for this car. Great project for someone. We are just not touching enough people on this forum??
                    Too far away or I would buy it in a heartbeat. How bad is the economy there anyway!
                    Good Roads
                    Briant
                    Brian Woods
                    woodysrods@shaw.ca
                    1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

So did it sell?
                      Mabel 1949 Champion
                      Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
                      Gus 1958 Transtar
                      The Prez 1955 President State
                      Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
                      Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
                      Fresno,Ca

Comment

Originally posted by Anne F. Goodman View Post
                        So did it sell?
                        Anne, you'll have to wait until tomorrow (Wed. 7/7) as stated above.
                        Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth—let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Had a 56 Skyhawk
                          this one looks ok mainly needs soap and water and a deck lid for a starter

Comment

It would really be fun to be the first to give it a good bath. Just about always I'm surprised at how much better a car looks even than I thought
                            Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Hi:
                              I have two Skyhawks for sale out here in California (Los Angeles area). One is red/white and 3 speed overdrive. The other looks like the same colors as the one in this thread; has some rust in the trunk floor and driver's floor, but otherwise pretty solid(automatic trans.). Neither has run for a while, but both engines turn.
                              Email me at brngarage@socal.rr.com or call me at (818)885-0267.
                              Thanks
                              Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
                              '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
                              '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
                              '62 GT Hawk (4 speed, A/C, Power steering - running and DRIVING!)

Comment

Working...
                              X