Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quit griping that it's on the wrong coast

cause it ain't on either coast!

I'm no JDP, so this isn't any fancy-smancy marketing proposal.

It's a car for sale. 1962 Lark, interior completely shot, body in pretty fair condition, very little rust that I could see, non-dented body, missing one taillight trim, engine hasn't run since "maybe 82", automatic transmission, 259 V8.

62V35064. 62V-Y8, 4505. V558628.

$800 or best offer, per the window sign. Contact me for phone number and name. It is just outside of Lubbock, TX about 18 miles.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Tommy 001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	1731958Click image for larger version

Name:	Tommy 002.jpg
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	1731959Click image for larger version

Name:	Tommy 003.jpg
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	1731960Click image for larger version

Name:	Tommy 004.jpg
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	1731961Click image for larger version

Name:	Tommy 005.jpg
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	1731962

Still learning the new forum software. Limit on pics, so there are two more posts with more pics with QUIT GRIPING title.
    Last edited by BobGlasscock; 07-06-2010, 07:50 AM. Reason: cuz I wanted.

Did that have air conditioning at one time, Bob? The water pump manifold and heater hose routing appears to be set up for A/C. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Bob G., I'm going to gripe being that it's not a 1963 Cruiser.
      I'll also gripe being that it actually is on the wrong coast....it's on the south coast! If it were near the north coast (south edge of Lake Superior) I might be interested.
      Last edited by Milaca; 07-05-2010, 10:27 PM.
      sigpic
      In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
        Did that have air conditioning at one time, Bob? The water pump manifold and heater hose routing appears to be set up for A/C. BP
        You're probably right Bob. My '62 Cruiser with A/C has the heater hose routed to that side of the water manifold also.

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
        ....it's on the south coast! If it were near the north coast (south edge of Lake Superior) I might be interested.
        Brent, I've got one within an afternoons drive from you and to keep the coast theme, it's in Watertown
        Skinny___'59 Lark VIII Regal____'60 Lark Marshal___

Comment

Ha ha Texas is always on the wrong coast....
          Just Kidding.

Comment

Bob, I never thought of checking for AC, so have no idea. If it is important to you, I can find out.

Milaca, although we do have a wonderful coast along our great state, it is still about 700 miles away from here. (Need I say how big Texas is?)

Crusadex, you are in SOOOOO much trouble!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BobGlasscock View Post
              "engine hasn't run since "maybe 82
              Did it run when parked?
              Jon Stalnaker
              Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

So....18 miles SOUTH of Lubbock might put it in New Home. Is that where it's at? I have one Cousin 18 miles south of Lubbock and another 18 miles north - cotton farmers. Last time I was in New Home (4-5 years ago) I notice there were 20-25 old cars parked in an open field behind the mill. I'll have to get my cousin to take some pictures so I can post here.

Saw another Lark - quite unusual - on Jalopnik:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=190413421327

That would have quite the WOW factor.

Rich

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
                  Saw another Lark - quite unusual - on Jalopnik:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=190413421327

That would have quite the WOW factor.

Rich
                  That one has been discussed here recently. First it was on Craigslist, expired, back again, now eBay. It is intriguing...
                  Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth—let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                  Romans 15:13
                  Deuteronomy 31:6
                  Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Rich, it's parked in Abernathy, north of Lubbock.

Comment

Bob - my cousin, Ron Morris, lives in Abernathy. My 18 year old son is planning a road trip to Lubbock this summer - I'm teasing him "of all the vacation destinations - Lubbock!" However, great place to buy an old car. I suspect the weather keeps them as well preserved as the California weather.

Rich

Comment

Working...
                      X