C/K Eye Candy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by woodysrods View Post
    Now look what you guys have done with all of these great pictures. I was so inspired I went out and bought another C?K tonight.
    I mentioned in an earlier post my wife loves fins. Well by tomorrow I will have a 61 Hawk at home in the garage. And last night I think I set my computer up so that I can post pictures on the Forum. The new Hawk will be there. She is a little rough around the edges, as she has been asleep for at least 33 years in the previous owners back yard......but I hope with a little work I can breath some life back into her by the end of the summer.
    Good Roads
    Brian
    PS Keep watching this thread.
    OK two things,I'm searching this thread for a follow up on this post and I can't find it maybe I missed something or we're just being denied pics of a 61 hawk, I know this post is two years old and there's probably an explanation elsewhere on the forum.
    And the other thing, am I the only one that feels like blackhawk61 is just trying to make us feel bad at this point, I mean come on did you see that car, I've been waking up in a cold sweat every night since I saw his sig pic of the car!!!! I would literally kill for that car (baring immediate family of course) I just...I just don't don't feel like it's right to just wave it in front our faces like that you know??
    anyways in all seriousness, blackhawk61 your car is one the nicest studes (no offense to any other cars up here I love them all)I've ever seen, I even saw your car before I joined the forum just looking up pics of nice hawks and catergorized it as the perfect hawk for meand I didn't even know what it had for a powertrain then.
    Last edited by GThawkwind; 02-14-2013, 10:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GThawkwind View Post
      OK two things,I'm searching this thread for a follow up on this post and I can't find it maybe I missed something or we're just being denied pics of a 61 hawk, I know this post is two years old and there's probably an explanation elsewhere on the forum.
      I did post an Autumn Haze '61 on the first page, but here's a Riviera Blue one.

Craig

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04928.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	1678997Here's one from last summer

Comment

• I missed this thread, very fun. Seems like when someone disturbs it, it wakes up for awhile so hopefully some new photos will wake it up. I haven't seen either of these on this thread yet, but I consider them both to be studebaker eye candy
          Click image for larger version

Name:	download (1).jpg
Size:	9.8 KB
ID:	1683701Click image for larger version

Name:	116151309_b665ce7608.jpg
Size:	118.4 KB
ID:	1683702Click image for larger version

Name:	Dick-gonzales-1955-studebaker101mq25.jpg
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	1683703Click image for larger version

Name:	download.jpg
Size:	14.0 KB
ID:	1683704

Comment

• Everyone of those cars are just DAMN BEAUTIFUL !!

Ben

Comment

• [QUOTE=GThawkwind;779083]Click image for larger version

Name:	download (1).jpg
Size:	9.8 KB
ID:	1683701

I think (if memory serves correctly) this car is a Washington car, and at one time was owned by Dick S. One of the coolest things about it were the door 'coves' being opened up to look like vents. cheers, Junior
              sigpic
              1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

• Yes, the Kustom 55 Speedster was mine at one time. I didn't build it. It was done in the early 60's and exhibited at the World's Fair in Seattle. It was also in several period magazines...

I agree with Junior that the opened door coves was one of the neat features of this car. I haven't seen it on any other early C/K but it's a natural.

Here's a hot rod '54 I did. 327/365 HP and T10...

Here's a bone stock 63 Hawk I did. 4 speed, disc brakes, full dash....

Last edited by Dick Steinkamp; 09-15-2013, 03:18 PM.
                Dick Steinkamp
                Bellingham, WA

Comment

• What was going on for powertrain in that 55 dick?

Comment

What was going on for powertrain in that 55 dick?
                    When I had it, it had a 289 Ford and a 4 speed. I think the rear end was late 50's Chevrolet.

When it originally was a show car, it had the stock Stude Speedster V8, dressed up and with a 2 x 2 intake. Also a 4 speed.
                    Dick Steinkamp
                    Bellingham, WA

Comment

• Funny looking at the the pics of SD2 I had to look up the video you made of it. A real hot rod like you'd have cruising for the next street race in the early sixties. Such a sweet car, what did you end up doing with that one?

Comment

Funny looking at the the pics of SD2 I had to look up the video you made of it. A real hot rod like you'd have cruising for the next street race in the early sixties. Such a sweet car, what did you end up doing with that one?
                        I drove it for several years and over 30,000 miles including Rod and Custom's AmeriCruise...then I sold it. I sell them all. I don't have the money and the space to keep them, and I want to keep playing (too many cars...not enough time).

Here it is at South Bend in 2007. Video courtesy of Frank VanDoorn...

Dick Steinkamp
                        Bellingham, WA

Comment

• Whoa! Now that was a blizzard of beauties.
                          Thanks guys! I needed that.
                          Ed Sallia
                          Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Working...
                          X