Need a gas pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a gas pedal

Well I finally got my gas tank back and all is now well with it. I plan on putting it back on my car sometime this week. While working on my car, I decided to look into the gas pedal. On of the hinges on it is broken, so it is only being held on by its ball joint and on side of the hinge. I have tried to use a '47 pedal to replace it, didn't work. I also tried a pedal from an R series pickup, too long. I really don't want to start cutting and modifying, I want to make this car correct. I'm starting to think that a gas pedal for a '40 is specific to that year, or to the '39 model as well. Does anybody have one? I'm lookin' to buy.
    Thanks.
    Chris Dresbach

Until you find what you need...you might be able to pick up a temporary used Toyota pedal pretty cheap!
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
      Until you find what you need...you might be able to pick up a temporary used Toyota pedal pretty cheap!
      Uh... Thanks, but Ill pass... lol
      Chris Dresbach

Comment

Chris, My Avanti gas petal broke and it sounds as if it is similar in how it functions.

The base of accelator pedal had a hinge riveted to the floor pan and the top of pedal on the back side had a receptical where a ball on end of accelator linkage popped into the receptical on pedal. What I did to fix it was to go find a similar sized furniture hinge (small cabinet door), then removed the bad rusted out hinge and replaced it with my new hinge. Maybe you can repair you pedal until you find another one. The restoration will get a new pedal by the way that I ordered from Stude Int'l.
        sigpic
        John
        63R-2386
        Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

Comment

Working...
        X