Packard Hawk on Ebay in IL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Packard Hawk on Ebay in IL

Seems to be missing something (maybe lots of things)...the description of the PH in general isn't quite correct when you get specific with this car.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1958-...item35aa8eacc6
    Last edited by Jim B PEI; 07-03-2010, 08:06 PM. Reason: forgot link

I'm not familiar with Packard Hawks but I'm thinking it is missing an Orange Whirly Thing ...
    sigpic
    John
    63R-2386
    Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

Comment

Doesn't appear to be the original engine and no supercharger. Otherwise looks nice.
      Larry Y
      North Wales, PA

Comment

It's missing the battery hold down too.....

Comment

Is the interior correct?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jeds55 View Post
            Is the interior correct?
            It "looks" right but it has obviously been redone. I know the car came from Texas but I wonder why they don't have the heater/defrost hooked up...

Comment

Comment

Betcha a catfish filet his reserve is double (or triple) that....

Originally posted by Welcome View Post
                Even with all those things previously mentioned, plus a “‘slightly modified” fan shroud, it would be a steal for under $10K!
                HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

$15,100 and looks like reserve has been met?
                  KURTRUK
                  (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

if it had the supercharger, I'd probably be high bidder right now.

jack vines
                    PackardV8

Comment

Something seems funny about this auction. Either the "seller" doesn't know what a Packard Hawk in that condition is worth (based upon no reserve or a very low reserve already being met), or is could be a scam. Only circumstantial evidence, but it doesn't pass the smell test to me. Maybe it is a straight deal...I hope so and someone gets a nice car.

Several years ago I had my Ebay account hacked and someone tried reselling a car I had on Ebay, so maybe I'm a bit over-sensitized to scams on Ebay.
                      Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Originally posted by PackardV8 View Post
                        if it had the supercharger, I'd probably be high bidder right now.
                        jack vines
                        Ah, just go for it Jack!!! You know we're all behind you ...way behind you, that is

And if you're the winner, I'll be the first to donate a needed part ...a "correct" front battery hold-down bolt. As you know, that particular bolt is not used on any other Packard or Stude.

Comment

I told him that all Packard Hawks had supercharged 289s and asked what engine the car now has. I did not receive any response.

I finally did get a reply to my question. The "response" said that I should call them and talk to the salesman. If they couldn't tell me what the engine is in writing, I do not see where a call would be any better.
                          Last edited by studegary; 07-12-2010, 04:20 PM. Reason: to add reply note
                          Gary L.
                          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Or you can bid on this one

Or you can bid on this one:
                            http://www.rmauctions.com/FeatureCar...arID=r168&fc=0
                            Larry Y
                            North Wales, PA

Comment

Working...
                            X