X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bullet nose truck??

Defionately different by design!!!
    Chris Dresbach

That is the way SWtudebaker should have designed the 51 Stude Truck. People could relate to the similarities with the cars.
    Good Roads
    Brian
    Brian Woods
    woodysrods@shaw.ca
    1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

too cool! sweet!

Comment

I saw this truck at the Grand National Roadster Show last year, when Dick Steinkamp had his Ute there. This is a very cool truck, in a ratrod sort of way. The gearshift lever (floor shift) is fashioned from an oxy-acetylene welding torch and hoses, with steel rods inside the hoses to make them stiff. It has a pretty cool rear end treatment, too. A lot of creativity went into that rig.
        Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

What great craftsmanship. Any more of this truck??

Comment

Bullet nose truck

WOW....there are some very talented people out there....I love it...John

Comment

Neat.
              I see two out of three Buick portholes, the lower portion of a 1950 Studebaker grille, and a circular creation evocative of the Stude bullet nose (but not actually the bullet from either year).
              That might also be a Studebaker windshield (or it might be a custom windshield in the style of Studebaker. Only a ruler would tell).
              So much creativity and imagination there.
              But what kind of truck did they start with?

Comment

Originally posted by aenthal View Post
                Neat.
                I see two out of three Buick portholes, the lower portion of a 1950 Studebaker grille, and a circular creation evocative of the Stude bullet nose (but not actually the bullet from either year).
                That might also be a Studebaker windshield (or it might be a custom windshield in the style of Studebaker. Only a ruler would tell).
                It looks like an R series Studebaker pickup to me. Interesting custom.
                "In the heart of Arkansas."
                Searcy, Arkansas
                1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                1952 2R pickup

Comment

it that a ford bullet?
                  61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

OK, that just rocks hard. I would so drive that.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by aenthal View Post
                      Neat.
                      Those are '51 grilles and that is actually the correct bullet for a '51, but with modifiecations. A 1950 ford bullet has four "spokes" in the center that hold a wider center than the 1950 Studebakrs. The 1951 Studebakers had a three spoke bullet and a smaller canter piece with a ring around it. What it looks like they did here, was use a '51 Studebaker bullet and give it a '50 ford center piece.
                      Chris Dresbach

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Dresbach View Post
                        Those are '51 grilles and that is actually the correct bullet for a '51, but with modifications. A 1950 ford bullet has four "spokes" in the center that hold a wider center than the 1950 Studebakers. The 1951 Studebakers had a three spoke bullet and a smaller center piece with a ring around it. What it looks like they did here, was use a '51 Studebaker bullet and give it a '50 ford center piece.
                        Chris, I agree with you except I'm not familiar enough with the Ford bullet to be able to identify it for sure. I really like this front end treatment and I have all the spare parts to make this conversion. All I need now is the rest of the truck!

Cheers,

Jim
                        \"Ahh, a bear in his natural habitat...a Studebaker!\"

51 Land Cruiser (Elsie)
                        Jim Mann
                        Victoria, B.C.
                        Canada

Comment

Oooh. I wish...Looks like it has some connection to Goodfellas Customs, which I found in Massachusetts, but no website.

It's making me light-headed.

Comment

That is sooo cool! Having seen the Larkaminos, the 54 or 55 car/utes, and the old (and not quite finished) 55 front end clip on a pickup, this looks like a road Studebaker should have taken for 'corporate identification' a decade before the Champ.

Comment

I have seen pics of this truck somewhere, but I can't remember where. I love it. It needs lots of cool pinstriping and flat black paint....Oh! Wait its got all that. Yep, I'd like to have it just like it is.
                              Joe Roberts
                              '61 R1 Champ
                              '65 Cruiser
                              Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Working...
                              X