• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On the road with Grace again

Kindest regards,

Alan Mende
    Grantville, PA

I'm not a mechanic; I don't even play one on TV.

That is fantastic! I love this kind of stuff. In 1978 I had a 10,000 mile summer trip (off from college) with two friends in a VW Rabbit. We went from San Diego to Washington DC, north to Nova Scotia, east to Detroit, around Chicago and back north into Canada to Washington state, then south back to San Diego. I've lost touch of the two friends over the years, but have many times thought about that trip and doing it again, maybe with my two sons this time.
    Steve
    Buckeye, Arizona

1960 Hawk R2 4 speed project

Comment

Only the best of luck to you Alan. Wish I was going along with you as it sounds like a great trip. I hope to be traveling in the next few weeks myself but suspect we will ride the Ford with its ice cold air (I got old one day and need creature comforts) however we may try to find another Stude to bring back home. Good Luck, Steve
      sigpic

Comment

Nearly a week's trip. Sounds like tons of fun. Hopefully, Grace will live up to her name as she usually does.

May the weather be perfect, the roads dry, and all the idiots at home!
        Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
        K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
        Ron Smith
        Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Very good. I always love a road trip! Have a great- and safe- and trouble-free trip!

Comment

When in Indy, be sure to look me up! I am about 2o miles north of Downtown Indy, and about 30 miles from the track!

Jim
            "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
            their Memorials!

Comment

Working...
            X