no Frick'n Studellac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no Frick'n Studellac

No. Frick didn't build any Studellac trucks but Karel Staple member Steve Van Norman did.

M series cab, R series bed, 51 front bumper, 39 rear bumper and 47 Cadillac rear fenders. Steve bought the fenders at a swap meet for $100 and needed to put them on something.

Powered by 5.3L/4L60E. We got to see it premiered at the last meeting. Still working on it but it's way cool.

Jon Stalnaker
    Karel Staple Chapter SDC

I usually prefer stock Studebaker, but I really like the rear fender treatment.
    Chris Dresbach

Comment

Looks great to me. Those fenders fit the M's lines real nice.

Gordon

Comment

That is sweet! Thanks for posting!
        Dylan Wills
        Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
        1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
        1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
        1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Could be the start of a Studebaker Dream Truck? Have you thought about sectioning the cab?
          Good Roads
          Brioan
          Brian Woods
          woodysrods@shaw.ca
          1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

JDP had a Caddy-powered Stude pickup when I was there once. That engine looked perfect in there and really made that truck impressive- just the right feel and sound. And now, you can get a ton of hop-up parts for those Caddy engines. Maybe someday I'll do one.

Comment

I love those rear fenders. They fit just right!
              Joe Roberts
              '61 R1 Champ
              '65 Cruiser
              Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

I love those rear fenders. They fit just right!
                I like them, too.
                The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

It's a whole Ccab box, with the car fenders addded..
                  HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Guess he won't be putting running boards on it. Do you have any more pictures of the rear fenders on it? I'm really liking the look; and like that it has the tail lights on the fenders. Does the turn signal part flip up to expose the gas fill? Know if he did any modifications to them to make them fit?
                    Last edited by TDITS; 06-30-2010, 09:50 AM.
                    TDITS The Dude In The Stude

Comment

The fenders are really interesting on that truck. I wonder how they would look on a C cab.
                      sigpic

"In the heart of Arkansas."
                      Searcy, Arkansas
                      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                      1952 2R pickup

Comment

Originally posted by TDITS View Post
                        Guess he won't be putting running boards on it. Do you have any more pictures of the rear fenders on it? I'm really liking the look; and like that it has the tail lights on the fenders. Does the turn signal part flip up to expose the gas fill? Know if he did any modifications to them to make them fit?
                        He does have running boards but hasn't decided whether or not to put them on. It's a work in progress. There is a part missing to make the taillights fit right. He's looking for it. The two pieces will fit together better when he gets that part. These fenders were prior to the 50s "hide the gas filler in the taillights" era.
                        Jon Stalnaker
                        Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

He also "wedged" the box, making it wider at the front to match the cab but leaving the back tailgate width. I have some more pictures of it that I can add tonight.

Very cool truck, and it made a nearly 400 mile trip with the club on Sunday in 100+ temperatures! It looks great going down the road from front and back. To quote Steve "I gotta insulate the cab and get some windlace, the AC can't keep up!"

Pat
                          Pat Dilling
                          Olivehurst, CA
                          Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

That's a fine mix of pieces - and one cool pickup.

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Dilling View Post
                              He also "wedged" the box, making it wider at the front to match the cab but leaving the back tailgate width.
                              He told me that he wedged the bed to make the fenders fit properly. Most people modify the fenders to match the bed, Steve modified the bed to match the fenders. Talk about "outside the box" thinking. Just one of the many unique features of this build.
                              Jon Stalnaker
                              Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Working...
                              X