Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• woodysrods
    replied
    Is it just the fact that they came with 259's in them or are the really different in any other way?
    Brian

Leave a comment:

• 8E45E
    replied
    Originally posted by jwikstro View Post
    There are more around the world, but not as god looking as Geoffs. Art Unger wrote an artikel Mid-50s Hardtop Hawks in Turning Wheels August 2005. Here are some other pics.

There is also a gold one in France that appeared in a recent issue of 'AutoRetro'. And a very rough one was for sale in Ontario that was advertised in 'Old Autos' a couple of years ago, not to mention the one currently being restored in Nova Scotia. Betwteen your pics and the ones I know of, that makes nine so far...

Craig
    Last edited by 8E45E; 06-30-2010, 11:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• jwikstro
    replied
    There are more Silver Hawk HT:s around the world, but not as god looking as Geoffs. Art Unger wrote an artikel: Mid-50s Hardtop Hawks in Turning Wheels August 2005. Here are a link to some other pics.
    http://cid-bff18339c7e025f2.photos.l....Notifications
    Last edited by jwikstro; 06-30-2010, 11:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

• woodysrods
    replied
    Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
    Were you looking at Geoff Gogle's 57-K3 last weekend and it sparked your interest? He is the only one I know of in your area with one. I know of his, and one other '57. Here are photos I took of them.

Craig
    Yes I was talking with Geoff on Saturday at the Peach City Beach Cruise. I have seen his car a few times, and his claim is that it is only one of "three" made????
    Good Roads
    Brian

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    1957 Silver Hawk hardtop (K body) - 120 six cylinder and 248 259 V8.
    1958 Silver hawk hardtop (K body) - 56 259 V8.

Leave a comment:

• kmul221
    replied
    Ther was a guy at a Waterford Ontario car show a few years back who claimed he had a 58 Silver Hawk H/T in decent condition,never seen the car & lost his phone #.If there was such an animale it has to be super rare.Can't recall if it was a 6 or 8 cyl'

Leave a comment:

• 8E45E
    replied
    Were you looking at Geoff Gogle's 57-K3 last weekend and it sparked your interest? He is the only one I know of in your area with one. I know of his, and one other '57. Here are photos I took of them.

Craig
    Last edited by 8E45E; 06-29-2010, 12:33 AM.

Leave a comment:

• doug
    replied
    Fred Fox in Turning Wheels indicated no U.S. produced 259 K-3, Canada and export a total of 248.
    Last edited by doug; 06-30-2010, 04:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• woodysrods
    started a topic 57 Silver Hawk Hardtop K3

57 Silver Hawk Hardtop K3

So I need to know more. How many of these did the build? 1957 "Silver Hawk Hardtop" c/w 259 cid.
    ????????????????????????
    Tell me what you know.
    Good Roads
    Brian
Working...
X