Unexpected trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unexpected trip

Due to a family emergency, I am in Louisville, Kentucky. Well, the emergency was not the emergency everyone thought it was. Now, what to do? I may take the boys to South Bend, but it is still a long ride. I may go to Indy and look around. Besides the brickyard, is ther any Stude related stuff in Indy?(besides the famous Bob Palma)
    I may as well get a little sightseeing done while I'm here. I probably will try to make it to the museum in South Bend.
    Jamie McLeod
    Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
    1958 Commander "Christine"
    1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
    1955 Commander Sedan
    1964 Champ
    1960 Lark

Originally posted by starliner62 View Post
    Due to a family emergency, I am in Louisville, Kentucky. Well, the emergency was not the emergency everyone thought it was. Now, what to do? I may take the boys to South Bend, but it is still a long ride. I may go to Indy and look around. Besides the brickyard, is ther any Stude related stuff in Indy?(besides the famous Bob Palma)
    I may as well get a little sightseeing done while I'm here. I probably will try to make it to the museum in South Bend.
    In no specific order:

The Indy 500 Museum, the Bob Palma tour (it's free last I heard), the Studebaker National Museum, the SNM Archives, tour Studebaker International's South Bend & Greenfield operations, the Ragtop Museum in Michigan City, the Auburn-Cord-Duesenberg Museum, the Andy Granatelli Museum (if open), eat in the Studebaker mansion (Tippecanoe Place), take one last look at Studebaker's Foundry & Engineering Buildings (as wrecking crews are posied to bring them down), Tom K's Mulberry Farm Studebaker ...possibly the largest (300 est.) group of Stude parts cars anywhere,

…other than that, there’s not much Studebaker/automobile related stuff to do/see in Indiana.
    Last edited by Welcome; 06-28-2010, 09:23 AM.

Comment

update

The boys an I went to Indianapolis yesterday to see the Indy 500 Hall of Fame Museum. We got to join a tour of the racetrack, including the garage area and other buildings. It was very interesting. When we got back to the museum, we searched the whole place for a Studebaker. There was an example of every vehicle produced in Indiana expept for Studebaker. How depressing. We left and went to lunch at Hooters downtown and then rode around Indy before returning to Louisville. Even though we didn't see any Studebakers, it was a pretty good day.
      Jamie McLeod
      Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
      1958 Commander "Christine"
      1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
      1955 Commander Sedan
      1964 Champ
      1960 Lark

Comment

Originally posted by starliner62 View Post
        >>>There was an example of every vehicle produced in Indiana expept for Studebaker. How depressing. Even though we didn't see any Studebakers, it was a pretty good day.<<<

Problem was you didn't come far enough north to be in "STUDEBAKER COUNTRY"!!!

Comment

Working...
        X