Nice looking R2 Daytona on ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice looking R2 Daytona on ebay

The fellow says it was on ebay last year, my memory must be going bad as I don't remember it. Looks like a good car but mentions it was not up to his expectations.

He talks about rust in the cowl and it's hard to tell from the pictures but it looks like it might have some major fender rust... but it's a running, driving presentable R2 Daytona, if I had the money and the price was right I'd jump on it, these aren't exactly common!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1963-...item27b2f1f3dc
    Jeff DeWitt
    http://carolinastudes.net

Comment

Any questions - PM and ask him: he's klifton1 on this forum and has posted about the car here before.

Comment

I think that was once Michael Float's car. He's also on the Forum.

Comment

Originally posted by nels View Post
          The fellow says it was on ebay last year, my memory must be going bad as I don't remember it. Looks like a good car but mentions it was not up to his expectations.
          If it's the car I recall, it sold for north of 20K and turned out to be less than promised and needing more work then expected. Still, a very valuable car, and worth a full restoration. I'm a bidder.
          JDP Maryland

Comment

That must be one of those somewhat rare exceptions, that looks WAY better than it is, sure does look very nice!

It's hard to imagine the LOWER cowl being rusted out, but I guess if it is a rust belt car, anything is possible.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Originally posted by nels View Post
              Ah-ha! Another candidate for Ripley's Believe It or Not; an original-engine, R2 Studebaker "Nels" doesn't remember a year after it was on the market...there's hope for the rest of us to acquire one of these cars before he has them all! <GGG>

Seriously, the car is "on the list" of R-engined 1963 cars, but does not have a full package largely due to no disc brakes, I would imagine. Hopefully, someone will step up who wants a nice one of these and give it the attention it apparently deserves. BP
              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
              "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                [BSeriously, the car is "on the list" of R-engined 1963 cars, but does not have a full package largely due to no disc brakes, I would imagine. Hopefully, someone will step up who wants a nice one of these and give it the attention it apparently deserves. BP
                The eBay listing states that the car has disc brakes. The engine compartment picture shows a dual master cylinder with no power booster. Perhaps the car has some sort of aftermarket disc brake conversion.
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

The eBay listing states that the car has disc brakes. The engine compartment picture shows a dual master cylinder with no power booster. Perhaps the car has some sort of aftermarket disc brake conversion.

Now WHO would sell something like that?? <G>

Jim
                  "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
                  their Memorials!

Comment

This looks like a walk in the park restoration compared to what I started with on our 63 R2 Lark

Comment

I've admired Klif's Daytona since I first saw it at Cedar Rapids last summer (shown in picture below) and again at a local labor day car show last September. I was hoping he would restore it to new but I know life happens and plans change. If I win the Publisher's Clearing House sweepstakes before the auction ends, it will be mine. Good luck with the auction Klif, I hope you at least break even.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	2009_07172009StudeMeet0091.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	1662419
                      sigpic
                      In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Sorry guy's,I know this car well,I purchased it from a dealer in West Virginia who was represnting the original Studebaker dealership who had restored it and then was stored for years.It was grossley misrepresented to me.The car looks great,but hides serious rust issues in many areas,if I had kept it I was going to replace the whole body.When I sold it I gave a very detailed desription to the buyer,but unfortunatly when he sold it,his description was lacking a bit ,to say the least! It's worth restoring but will take a lot of work.Steve
                        36 Dictator cpe
                        36 ST.regis custom 2dr sedan R-2
                        37 Coupe express R-2
                        50 Champion convert
                        54 champion cpe
                        59 3/4 p/up 4wd
                        63 Custom R-2
                        63 GT hawk R-2 Motor Trend Hawk/Chicago Show Car
                        63 Avanti R-2
                        63 Avant1 R-2
                        64 Commander R-1
                        64 Challenger R-3
                        58 Packard hawk
                        64 Champ
                        2-63 Wagonaire's
                        62 E40 Transtar
                        55 3/4 T pickup
                        64 Daytona
                        Brand X :
                        70 Duster 340,56 Chevy Del Ray,49 Jeepster,58 Plymouth Belvedere,67 IH Travelall,58 IH Golden Anniversary

http://www.studebakersteve.com

Comment

Working...
                        X