GREAT DEAL on a 62 Lark Convertible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GREAT DEAL on a 62 Lark Convertible

This looks like a steal price! If I could have, I would have bought it already:

http://www.autotraderclassics.com/cl...tionId=1232357

obviously the underhood detailing is wrong, but looks well done. Is that a 4bbl air cleaner, or just an oil bath? wonder why they won't tell us what trans it has...

nate
    --
    55 Commander Starlight
    http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

Just appears represented by somebody inexperienced. I can see it's 3 on the tree, No O/D. Probably 259. The pictures of the paint and interior are good enough to convince me to buy. That air cleaner looks a bit like a Lincoln/Merc. Poor thing desperately needs whitewalls though

Comment

It looks like a nice car as long as the underbody isnt infected with the tin worms. especially the rocker reinforcements (hog troughs). Thats not a 4 bbl air cleaner from Stude. The original 4 bbl air cleaner looks like the 2bbl one except the top lid has 6 inpressions instead of 5 & naturally has an opening for the 4bbl. The only other glaring thing is the 63 amber parking lamp lenes but that may be a personal choice. Too bad its not a Daytona.
        59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
        60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
        61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
        62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
        62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
        62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
        63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
        63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
        64 Zip Van
        66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
        66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

seems fair for the price though! Had I not bit on one this spring, I'd be hankerin' for more knowledge on this one!

Comment

It's got '63 tail light Lenses, '63 Parking light lenses, '59 Wheelcovers and a '64 Cruiser rear stone guard, but with Overdrive added, and Whitewalls, it would not be too bad for a Regal.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Boy, that car is black. Needs white walls and a couple interior panels. If you have never been to Volo its something to see. I don't think they have their entire inventory online - lots of their cars are up on double deck storage.

Comment

It looks like an automatic to me. If you look at one of the photos of the right side of the steering column you can see a clear plastic simicircular tab near the face of the instrument panel with a D & L on the right side of the tab.

Mike

Comment

Then what's that 'extra' pedal used for?

Originally posted by M15 Trucker View Post
                  It looks like an automatic to me. If you look at one of the photos of the right side of the steering column you can see a clear plastic simicircular tab near the face of the instrument panel with a D & L on the right side of the tab.

Mike
                  HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

It's a planatary trans. Both pedals down gives you first gear!

Comment

Working...
                    X