Springfield, MO here we come !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Springfield, MO here we come !!!

This is aimed at all you Studebaker owners/enthusists from the Southeast United States.
    Here is your chance to attend the SDC 47th International Meet. My family attended the Meet in Springfield, Mo. in 1985, and again in 1991. My parents, Bob and Caroline Miller, came with us in 1991. They both, have since, passed away. Those two meets were among some of the best we've ever attended since our first "I.M." in 1976. If you miss this one, you'll regret it. We'll be there. Those folks really know how to host a meet!

Dan Miller
    Auburn, GA
    Last edited by ROADRACELARK; 06-23-2010, 07:03 PM. Reason: clarification for Jeff Rice

When Richard Quinn proposed that I take a Board Member position in the Antique Studebaker Club, the first question I asked was "What would I be required to do?" His first reply was "Attend every International meet."

So I'll be there whether I like it or not. Dangit.

Comment

Help me out here....

Officially, there are 13 cities, 11 towns, and 14 townships, for a total of 38. Of these, only 16 are incorporated cities or towns.

Of the 11 towns, 4 are in Wisconsin. In some states (like Wisconsin), towns are the equivalent of townships.

Of the 14 townships, 9 are in Pennsylvania, 2 are in Michigan, 2 are in New Jersey, and 1 is in Minnesota.

Complete list:
      Springfield city, Florida
      Springfield city, Georgia
      Springfield city, Illinois
      Springfield city, Kentucky
      Springfield city, Massachusetts
      Springfield city, Michigan
      Springfield city, Minnesota
      Springfield city, Missouri
      Springfield city, Nebraska
      Springfield city, Ohio
      Springfield city, Oregon
      Springfield city, South Dakota
      Springfield city, Tennessee

Springfield town, Colorado
      Springfield town, Dane County, Wisconsin
      Springfield town, Jackson County, Wisconsin
      Springfield town, Louisiana
      Springfield town, Marquette County, Wisconsin
      Springfield town, Otsego County, New York
      Springfield town, Penobscot County, Maine
      Springfield town, South Carolina
      Springfield town, St. Croix County, Wisconsin
      Springfield town, Sullivan County, New Hampshire
      Springfield town, Windsor County, Vermont

Springfield township, Bradford County, Pennsylvania
      Springfield township, Bucks County, Pennsylvania
      Springfield township, Burlington County, New Jersey
      Springfield township, Cottonwood County, Minnesota
      Springfield township, Delaware County, Pennsylvania
      Springfield township, Erie County, Pennsylvania
      Springfield township, Fayette County, Pennsylvania
      Springfield township, Huntingdon County, Pennsylvania
      Springfield township, Kalkaska County, Michigan
      Springfield township, Mercer County, Pennsylvania
      Springfield township, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania
      Springfield township, Oakland County, Michigan
      Springfield township, Union County, New Jersey
      Springfield township, York County, Pennsylvania

Originally posted by ROADRACELARK View Post
      This is aimed at all you Studebaker owners/enthusists from the Southeast United States.
      Here is your chance to attend the International Meet. My family attended the Meet in Springfield in 1985, and again in 1991. My parents, Bob and Caroline Miller, came with us in 1991. They both, have since, passed away. Those two meets were among some of the best we've ever attended since our first "I.M." in 1976. If you miss this one, you'll regret it. We'll be there. Those folks really know how to host a meet!

Dan Miller
      Auburn, GA
      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

You know I am joking, but which SE Springfield are you talking about, and when?
        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

And one is a Capital City.(G)

Comment

Jeff,

I know you're joking, BUT....there's only ONE "SPRINGFIELD" that is hosting the Studebaker International Meet, June 19-25, 2011, and I think MOST if not all persons that are into Studebakers and frequent this Forum, will know what I mean. I DO applaud you for your expertise in typing all of those facts and figures as well as all of those city names and variations....OUTSTANDING! Hope to see you there Jeff

Dan Miller
            Auburn, GA....(not AL or IN or CA or IL or KS or KY or ME or MA or NE or NY or PA or WA or......)

Comment

The members of the Ozark Trails Chapter hope to see all the forum members next year at Springfield. We believe everyone will enjoy the time spent in Springfield.
              Gary Sanders
              Nixa, MO

Comment

As a fan of the TV show The Simpsons, I heard that the reason they chose 'Springfield' for their hometown was because it was the only name that belongs to at least one city or town in every state. In the 20 years of the show they have had fun teasing at the state many times- coming right to the point of naming the state and then dropping off <G>

I have my reservations at the host hotel already, and am shooting for making a week of it. That way I'll have time to look up Homer and his neighbor Flan-diddly-anders

Comment

I have been anticipating the Springfield, MISSOURI international meet for at least 3 years. Due to job and family situations, I have not been to an SDC international meet since the mid 80s. Things will have to be very grave for me to miss this one so close to home. The Ozark Trails folks have been working on this for quite some time and it should be a good one. (No pressure Gary)
                  "In the heart of Arkansas."
                  Searcy, Arkansas
                  1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                  1952 2R pickup

Comment

Springfield Missouri

Previous Springfield info....

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ht=springfield

brad

Comment

Looking forward to this meet. I'm planning to attend.
                      Chris Dresbach

Comment

I talked to the owner of the Harry Barnes '38 Commander today. I think I've talked him into an adventure, so maybe we'll show up driving that car. We've got a year to get it ready so who knows what might happen.

Comment

Cool, The adventure is one of the things I enjoy with older car hobby. People are amassed that we drive them on long distance trips. In their day when new, folks went all over the country with them. And the roads are in better shape now than then. Good tires, good brakes, and a good gas gauge and you're ready for the road.

Comment

Wonder if Bondo Billy is going? i need T-shirts, and would like to have one for the meet and one for the forum.
                            101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Springfield Missouri

New Springfield Missouri information that is posted elsewhere...

http://www.sdcmeet.com/

brad
                              Last edited by bradnree; 07-06-2010, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X