Unbelievable Vision, and Well Thought Out Photo Shoot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unbelievable Vision, and Well Thought Out Photo Shoot

Check out this photo shoot and think about the vision this guy has and the time it took to set it all up. Count the number of Studebakers you see.

Our past is a powerful draw and in so many ways we try to capture it in order to explain it to ourselves. What started out as an exercise in model building and photography, ended up as a dream-like reconstruction of the town I grew up in. It's not an exact recreation, but it does capture the mood of my memories. And like a dream, many of the buildings show up in different configurations throughout the photos. Or sometimes, the buildings stay put and the backgrounds change. Visually, this is heading towards the realm of ART. NO PHOTOSHOP WAS USED IN THESE PICTURES. IT'S ALL STRAIGHT FROM THE CAMERA. It's the oldest trick in the special effects book: line up a model with an appropriate background and shoot. The buildings are 1/24th scale [ or 1/2 inch equals a foot ]. They are constructed of Gator board, styrene plastic, Sintra [ a light flexible plastic that can be carved, and painted ] plus numerous found objects; such as jewelry pieces, finishing washers and printed material. There are also two books available entitled: Elgin Park -An Ideal American Town and ELGIN PARK - Visual Memories of Mid-Century America in 1/24th Scale
    Domenic Manera, Fire Chief
    City of York Fire Department
    York, SC 29745
    1954 Regal Starlight Coupe

Originally posted by studehunter View Post
    Check out this photo shoot and think about the vision this guy has and the time it took to set it all up. Count the number of Studebakers you see.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2479674...th/2346008881/
    His model cars have been posted two or three times here, but I agree.
    JDP Maryland

Comment

Working...
    X