No announcement yet.

What ya call it?

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What ya call it?

    I know I hear the name, but this old fart mind had a memory lost.

  • #2
    Motometer, IIRC.
    Jim K.
    63 Hawk


    • #3
      I would call that a Radiaometer/Radiator Cap, but I don't think it matters, it's a Radiator Cap! If it was a lady or bird, it would be a Cormerant or something like that, still a radiator cap to me!
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner


      • #4
        I thought the brand name was "Motor Minder".


        • #5
          If I remember right, there was more than one manufacturer or product name for this. A friend of mine has a "MotorMinder" (I think it was that one anyways...)

          Like here is a Motormeter, and really similer to what my friend has.

          So, I think it just depends on what style it is.

          For that Studebaker one, I'm going to guess MotorMinder, or Moto Meter, since it has so many similarities to my friends. If my friends had a Studebaker logo, I'd say they were one and the same just about!
          Last edited by silverhawk; 06-19-2010, 07:03 PM. Reason: Added info..
          Dylan Wills
          Everett, Wa.

          1961 Lark 4 door wagon
          1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
          1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
          1914 Ford Model T


          • #6
            That thing looks like it has olives on it... I bet it is really rare.
            Alex Nelsen, certified Studebaker nut.
            Driving a 1954 Champion Coupe powered by a Chrysler 383.
            Lizella, GA


            • #7
              The little things on top of the meter are little wind cups, that spin in the wind, so I was thinking it has different name, I agree it's a rad cap. It's the only one I ever saw with the wind cups.