X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tennessee_anomaly
    replied
    Originally posted by Invalid User Name View Post
    I enjoy the pictures but don't always comment because I don't want to be a post hog.

I guess I'm what some would call a lurker. I check in a lot, but since I don't have a car, I don't have much to add to the conversation, so there's no reason for anyone to care what I have to say. I have another ID on here, but I recently created this one since it's more reflective of who and what I am about these days.

I really like most of the photo posts, and I check them out more than anything else. When you check in as much as I do, you do begin to notice that some posters are quite prolific in the number of different threads they reply to, and there is nothing wrong with that, but that's not what I'm about. This is the kind of enthusiasm that is necessary to sustain any effort of this sort. Most of these prolific posters have a lot to say and offer to the topics appearing on the forum. I'm not an authority, so it doesn't seem appropriate to offer up a post that says "Hey, nice car. I really like that." Well, whoop-de-doo. Tennessee Anomaly made a post that says he likes the car. He gets to see his user name on the forum. Guess he thinks everyone else wants to see that he approves of this particular photo.

I don't want to come off as sounding like a smart-aleck, smarmy or whatever adjective might apply here. I do love most of the photo threads. And, I do appreciate the time and effort of the members that are involved with creating those threads. I don't know exactly how one gauges a response as being "less than enthusiastic." I'm not going to offer up a post unless I feel that I genuinely have something to offer to the conversation that is interesting or useful, or maybe humorous.

With all that being said, I love the photo posts - keep it up.

Leave a comment:

• stude53
    replied
    Hey, Dave

I have looked at and enjoyed every Blast-From-The-Past you have posted. Just haven't commented before now. If you have more you couild share, Please do. I built my first customs in in the late 50's and early 60's, not all Studes, but two of them were. I still have a few of my old hot rod magazines but don't have a scanner to post from them .

I hope all our comments make you feel more appreciated.

Bob Feaganes

Leave a comment:

• Invalid User Name
    replied
    I enjoy the pictures but don't always comment because I don't want to be a post hog.

Leave a comment:

• Starlight
    replied
    I too remember this one on the cover of Turning Wheels.....Although, I didn't realize how long it had been.......Jeeeeeez, where have all the years gone.......I loved the car and still do, all but the pop up thingy on the roof....LOL......Keep on Studebakering

Leave a comment:

• woodysrods
    replied
    Keep up the good work Dave. Lots of us still look but don't reply. I will add this addition to my personal album.
    Thanks
    Brian

Leave a comment:

• Edsel G. Tattooer
    replied
    Hmm Sunroof Boo Hiss Nice other than that crummy addition. I hate the on in my 95 Honda. all I can say for a guy that has to put the seat all the way back is sun in the eyes all the time.

Leave a comment:

• junior
    replied
    I'm sure many enjoy this series such as myself...please do not post just to get a response, post because you want to share. Even though some us have many years of TW's to look at, we don't take the time to look at them. I think it's great that you are posting these, brings back many memories...and on that note keep it up. BTW...this is one sweet coupe. Thanks, Junior.
    Last edited by junior; 06-19-2010, 08:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Nelsen Motorsports
    replied
    Hey, anyone else notice the GT Hawk trim, I likie!

Leave a comment:

• JRoberts
    replied
    Hey Dave, don't quit. I love this series of posts.

Leave a comment:

• JBOYLE
    replied
    Originally posted by N8N View Post
    That pic is from '84? that was probably a very up to date "rod" back then, the wheels especially.
    Also note the very 80s pop-up sunroof. Something not as easy to get rid of.

Leave a comment:

• N8N
    replied
    That pic is from '84? that was probably a very up to date "rod" back then, the wheels especially. Wonder what they were? I remember drooling over car mags in grade school and every fast German car had BBS mesh center wheels, usually gold painted centers, with tons of "lip" on them. To this day I still think they look good

nate

(and yes, I do have a set stashed away for my next Scirocco. With my luck I'll find a BMW or something instead and have to find another set <G>)

Leave a comment:

• r1lark
    replied
    Originally posted by Studedude View Post
    6-17-10

From June, 1984 Turning Wheels SDC Bulletin:

There has been a less than enthusiastic response to this subject, so this is the last one. Wanted to share it, though, 'cause it reminds me of someone here's neat Stude.
    I remember the article that went along with that cover shot. Great read about the trials and tribulations the owner went thru to build this neat car. It sure inspired me, and I have read it several times since.

Leave a comment:

• JBOYLE
    replied
    I love the aspect of cars having long lives...and the various guises they go through with different owners.

I wonder where it is now?

Leave a comment:

• sweetolbob
    replied
    Dang Dave

That thing really looks great painted in that fashion. I guess that that body style looks great in a plethora of color combinations and styles.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• tempestan
    replied
    I'm offering an enthusiastic response.........love the "eye candy" and "cabbage" series.......keep it up.

thx, tempestan

Leave a comment:

Working...
X