No announcement yet.

The Last Blast From the Past

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I too remember this one on the cover of Turning Wheels.....Although, I didn't realize how long it had been.......Jeeeeeez, where have all the years gone.......I loved the car and still do, all but the pop up thingy on the roof....LOL......Keep on Studebakering

Comment

I enjoy the pictures but don't always comment because I don't want to be a post hog.

Comment

Hey, Dave

I have looked at and enjoyed every Blast-From-The-Past you have posted. Just haven't commented before now. If you have more you couild share, Please do. I built my first customs in in the late 50's and early 60's, not all Studes, but two of them were. I still have a few of my old hot rod magazines but don't have a scanner to post from them .

I hope all our comments make you feel more appreciated.

Bob Feaganes

Comment

Originally posted by Invalid User Name View Post
          I enjoy the pictures but don't always comment because I don't want to be a post hog.

I guess I'm what some would call a lurker. I check in a lot, but since I don't have a car, I don't have much to add to the conversation, so there's no reason for anyone to care what I have to say. I have another ID on here, but I recently created this one since it's more reflective of who and what I am about these days.

I really like most of the photo posts, and I check them out more than anything else. When you check in as much as I do, you do begin to notice that some posters are quite prolific in the number of different threads they reply to, and there is nothing wrong with that, but that's not what I'm about. This is the kind of enthusiasm that is necessary to sustain any effort of this sort. Most of these prolific posters have a lot to say and offer to the topics appearing on the forum. I'm not an authority, so it doesn't seem appropriate to offer up a post that says "Hey, nice car. I really like that." Well, whoop-de-doo. Tennessee Anomaly made a post that says he likes the car. He gets to see his user name on the forum. Guess he thinks everyone else wants to see that he approves of this particular photo.

I don't want to come off as sounding like a smart-aleck, smarmy or whatever adjective might apply here. I do love most of the photo threads. And, I do appreciate the time and effort of the members that are involved with creating those threads. I don't know exactly how one gauges a response as being "less than enthusiastic." I'm not going to offer up a post unless I feel that I genuinely have something to offer to the conversation that is interesting or useful, or maybe humorous.

With all that being said, I love the photo posts - keep it up.

Comment

Working...
          X