51 Champion Sedan - as good as it looks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 51 Champion Sedan - as good as it looks

ending soon so bid and push it past the reserve. I really would like it to go to a club member.

Looks like a nice, honest car that could be made into a show car relatively easy. As you know, being a 4-door hurts, as well as a being a 6-banger. Just a matter of finding two of just the right buyer.

As we know, frequently bidders wait till the last minute or two to bid. Might run up over your reserve right in the last seconds. Good luck!

Comment

It's weird; except for the Starlight Coupe, I really prefer the 4 dr sedans to the 2 dr sedans - room for family members without bending forward; also the suicide doors are just neat looking.

Comment

I prefer 4-doors myself. As it happens, my favorites are the less-popular models

Comment

Hey, hey, don't knock the four-doors. All the fun for less money, and it's a blast to have enough room to pile your friends in for an ice cream run (as long as they don't eat inside the car). That's a very nice Champion-I prefer the grille design on the 51 as my opinion on chrome is that more is better. Good luck!

Comment

It looks like the reserve has been met. I looked at a 1948 Land Cruiser in California no more than 5 years ago listed in the Los Angeles Times when they had a good classic car section (now replaced by e-bay ads). It was in approximately the same general condition, very original, and about the same price, $6,200. This 1950 Champion will probably go higher. I prefer the Land Cruiser over the Champion, preferably a 1951 or 1952 with the V-8, although I always preferred the front clips on the 48-49's to the bullet-nosed 50-51's. The '50 Champion would be easy to convert to a small block modern V-8, although it has probably been done on 47-49's with change outs of the front transverse springs. My only 4 door is a '64 Cruiser with automatic and air, a very pleasant touring car.
            sigpic
            Jack, in Montana

Comment

Originally posted by jnfweber View Post
              It looks like the reserve has been met.
              ???

It says right under the price "Reserve not met".

Comment

Originally posted by bams50 View Post
                ???

It says right under the price "Reserve not met".
                Sorry! I guess I have not spent enough time on e-bay lately.
                sigpic
                Jack, in Montana

Comment

I wonder what year Chrysler Executive Limousine is being offered. I owned one of the two built for 1983. There were more in 1984-1986. There were also Chrysler Executive Sedan models and some people confuse the two models.
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by DanTheFan View Post
                    ending soon so bid and push it past the reserve. I really would like it to go to a club member.
                    http://tinyurl.com/26jhsgs
                    I wonder why people feel this way("to a club member"). In general, I prefer to sell to non-SDC people and buy their first year's membership in SDC. This increases the base of SDC.
                    Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

The CASO Syndrome

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                      I wonder why people feel this way("to a club member"). In general, I prefer to sell to non-SDC people and buy their first year's membership in SDC. This increases the base of SDC.
                      It is my belief that you might be able to attract a higher bid (on the right car) from someone that is not a CASO SDC member. As Gary mentions, selling outside the club is one method of increasing the membership base and interest in the marque.

Comment

Actually every Stude I've sold has come with a free 1 yr membership to SDC. I have copies in the car and one guy wanted to sign up just because he loved Turning Wheels so much.

Comment

Working...
                        X