Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here's a new twist: Stude V-8 part on a Cadillac!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's a new twist: Stude V-8 part on a Cadillac!

Here's one that could leave you scratching your head...or at least it did me.

Page 29 of the just-arrived August 2010 Hot Rod has an engine photo of a cool 1930 Model A retro-themed rod built by a Scott Miller. The engine looked familiar at first glance, but I was immediately confused by a Cadillac-looking water pump manifold in front of a Studebaker-looking intake manifold.

Then I read the photo's caption:

"The 331ci engine came out of a 1950 Cadillac convertible.....The Edmunds intake is actually for a Studebaker, but was adapted to the Cad with spacers and runs '53 Stude sidedraft carbs with Edmunds air cleaners."

Kinda cute and funky, but I have my doubts that we'll ever be able to convince fellow hot-rodders to acknowledge that those 1953-1958 Studebaker 2bbl V-8 carburetors are actually downdraft carburetors with 90-degree air horns. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Oh well, at least that 331's a good engine, and it IS carrying Stude stuff. Looking forward to seeing it all the same!

Comment

Week late and a dollar short, Bob :>)

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...e-getting-even!

thnx, jack vines
      PackardV8

Comment

Originally posted by PackardV8 View Post
        Week late and a dollar short, Bob :>)

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...e-getting-even!

thnx, jack vines
        OOPS! Sorry, Jack.

I will plead an excused absence: We were in Washington DC over the weekend when this was posted, and I did not access the forum for four days. Now that we've returned, I am yet to go through all the new topics that were opened while I was gone.

If I can delete this topic, I will. Since there have been posts to it, I may not be able to do so. (Sorry, as I do not like duplicate threads either.) BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
        "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
        X