Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new

hi all,
    new to the stude world...when i was growing up my dad had a 62 silver hawk...i found an original but way rough 53 truck and plan on purchasing it from the 2nd owner..its rough but i look forward to learning about the stude...ive always been a mopar guy but nothing says i cant use a mopar engine..look forward to meeting everyone

Hi and welcome; glad to hear you are getting a Stude. truck, you will get great enjoyment out of becoming a member of SDC if you have not yet. Our monthly newsletter Turning Wheels has became quite a Magazine, just gets better every month! A 340, 383 what have you would fit real nicely into a R series '49-'53 pickup.

Just for your info, your Dads Hawk must have been a '57-'59 if it was called a Silver Hawk. Or if it really was a '62 Hawk, it would be a Gran Turismo Hawk (or GT as we call them) with the squared off rear roof line like a '58-'60 T Bird.

Glad to have you with us! [^]

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Hi and welcome; glad to hear you are getting a Stude. truck, you will get great enjoyment out of becoming a member of SDC if you have not yet. Our monthly newsletter Turning Wheels has became quite a Magazine, just gets better every month! A 340, 383 what have you would fit real nicely into a R series '49-'53 pickup.

Just for your info, your Dads Hawk must have been a '57-'59 if it was called a Silver Hawk. Or if it really was a '62 Hawk, it would be a Gran Turismo Hawk (or GT as we call them) with the squared off rear roof line like a '58-'60 T Bird.

Glad to have you with us! [^]

StudeRich
      Studebakers Northwest
      Ferndale, WA
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Welcome to the club. Check this out that was posted on a different thread.

http://www.forwardlook.net/forums/fo....asp?tid=13848

Someone also posted a picture of a Studebaker truck with a Mopar engine, but I can't seem to find the thread it was on. Maybe someone can help me.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

Welcome to the club. Check this out that was posted on a different thread.

http://www.forwardlook.net/forums/fo....asp?tid=13848

Someone also posted a picture of a Studebaker truck with a Mopar engine, but I can't seem to find the thread it was on. Maybe someone can help me.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

Welcome to the Forum, you will find a wealth of knowlege here just for the asking. Elbow grease is slightly higher.

Randy_G
            South Bend or Bust 2007!
            God I miss chrome on cars.
            www.AutomotiveHistoryOnline.com

Comment

Welcome to the Forum, you will find a wealth of knowlege here just for the asking. Elbow grease is slightly higher.

Randy_G
              South Bend or Bust 2007!
              God I miss chrome on cars.
              www.AutomotiveHistoryOnline.com

Comment

I think it was in the "wheres Matthew" topic

David Baggett Mantachie,Ms.

Comment

I think it was in the "wheres Matthew" topic

David Baggett Mantachie,Ms.

Comment

Welcome. Those are good looking trucks, get her on the road. I am "slanted" towards mopars too, if you know what I mean.

[img=left]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g27/Rosstude/OldWorld2005002.jpg[/img=left]
                    Ross.
                    Riverside, Ca.
                    1957 Provincial X2
                    1958 Transtar
                    sigpic
                    Ross.
                    Riverside, Ca.
                    1957 Provincial X2
                    1958 Transtar

Comment

Welcome. Those are good looking trucks, get her on the road. I am "slanted" towards mopars too, if you know what I mean.

[img=left]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g27/Rosstude/OldWorld2005002.jpg[/img=left]
                      Ross.
                      Riverside, Ca.
                      1957 Provincial X2
                      1958 Transtar
                      sigpic
                      Ross.
                      Riverside, Ca.
                      1957 Provincial X2
                      1958 Transtar

Comment

Hey ISTUDE you mean this one. It's our sunday go to meeting truck.

7G-Q1 49 2R12 10G-F5 56B-D4 56B-F2
                        As soon as you find a product you like they will stop making it.

Comment

Hey ISTUDE you mean this one. It's our sunday go to meeting truck.

7G-Q1 49 2R12 10G-F5 56B-D4 56B-F2
                          As soon as you find a product you like they will stop making it.

Comment

Yeah, that's the one! Great picture!

Comment

Yeah, that's the one! Great picture!

Comment

Working...
                              X