Site Photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site Photo

Here is the first of a few that I will be posting over the next week or two....

Craig
    Last edited by 8E45E; 06-26-2010, 01:57 AM. Reason: Added photos

All I can say is, WHOOPEE!!!!

Comment

Could I get permission to use that show field photo in our newsletter?
      Fred

sigpic

Comment

huh, I just noticed on second viewing of the thread that the over-sized pic extends beyond the edge of the forum text format without changing the size of the text format. Sort of neat in my little ole head.

Comment

Originally posted by Studeguru View Post
          Could I get permission to use that show field photo in our newsletter?
          Not a problem.

Craig

Comment

How full did that lot get on Concours day? Without counting that looks like around 120-130 cars.

Comment

I went out to look at the cars between 10 and 11 am and it had filled in a lot Bob. Matter of fact I was told about 360 vehicles were present. The photo does not show the whole show field as about 30 trucks were parked along the extreme left where the little trees are and are not too visible. Same on the right side, the edge of the lot is not visible where more vehicles were situated.
              Originally posted by bams50 View Post
              How full did that lot get on Concours day? Without counting that looks like around 120-130 cars.
              Frank van Doorn
              Omaha, Ne.
              1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
              1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
              1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

At the height of the concours, we counted 220 vehicles on the field with several other floating around the general parking lot. Stu

Comment

Very cool pics so far Craig...

NO surprize there, eh?
                  StudeDave '57
                  US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                  SDC Member since 1985

past President
                  Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                  San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                  San Diego Chapter SDC
                  North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

In Craigs Photo there is at least 165 cars by my count.
                    Mabel 1949 Champion
                    Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
                    Gus 1958 Transtar
                    The Prez 1955 President State
                    Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
                    Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
                    Fresno,Ca

Comment

I was told there were about 120 Judged cars registered and roughly 200 for display. I don't think all of the display cars were on the field on concours day, i know of several that left before Thursday.

Pat
                      Pat Dilling
                      Olivehurst, CA
                      Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Dilling View Post
                        I was told there were about 120 Judged cars registered and roughly 200 for display. I don't think all of the display cars were on the field on concours day, i know of several that left before Thursday.

Pat
                        That is about the number of vehicles that we used to judge for a Hudson Valley Chapter meet or a NE Zone Meet.
                        Gary L.
                        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

OK, who knows about the "Buildings?" and stuff in the lower Left corner? All of them!
                          (1)The Giant white tent?, (2) the Trailer or building like thing with all the tents and awnings attached?, (3)the Round multi-colored tent?, (4)the round thing with a giant Yellow post coming out of the roof? (5) Is that White Dodge Maxi-Cargo Van a TV broadcast Truck? (6)The big Yellow step Van, is that a hot food truck?

Sorry about all the questions, but Studebaker & related Cars/Trucks I expected, but all the other stuff is not exactly normal at the Internationals I have been at and got me curious since I was not there. Sorry, I've answered thousands of questions here but rarely ask one, so maybe you guys owe me one or two!! Lol!
                          StudeRich
                          Second Generation Stude Driver,
                          Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

(1)The Giant white tent?, (2) the Trailer or building like thing with all the tents and awnings attached?, (3)the Round multi-colored tent?, (4)the round thing with a giant Yellow post coming out of the roof? (5) Is that White Dodge Maxi-Cargo Van a TV broadcast Truck? (6)The big Yellow step Van, is that a hot food truck?
                            1 the two with tents was shade, and free water, and latter the Studebaker band played during judging 2. The trailer was a food vendor 3. a Snow-cone stand, Sure were good. you may have seen a photo the Smiths' kids with some. 4.part of the snow-cone set up.5 yes 6 Another food vendor selling Hot Dogs.

Comment

YES...all of those certainly are not at nationals usually, BUT SHOULD BE! It was great to get some shade, have the band members sit in the shade and play for us, get some decent food/drink on the field, and, some water ice. It was GREAT! stupak

Comment

Working...
                              X