R2 GT w/23K miles still FS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R2 GT w/23K miles still FS

Ths one just ended up a no-sale on eBay. If anyone is interested it's about 2 hours from me. I can go and look at it for a serious buyer. Might be a real bargain depending on what the price is:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...NA%3AUS%3A1123

The rust belt front fenders scared me off the car, I suspect some serious rust issues elsewhere.
    JDP Maryland

Comment

I agree, from the looks of the front fenders, I wouldn't be suprized if the floor pans weren't rusted out along with the trunk floor and possibly the frame rails as New York is a big user of rock salt to melt ice. Harry

Comment

All correct concerns. I wouldn't have bid over $5-6K without seeing it. Of course, I have bought many NE cars that are solid and clean because they were a. Garaged during winters or b. Only recently brought in from a dry state, and so never have seen a salted road ever.

IF the floors and frame are solid, and the numbers match, definitely worth more than the $10-odd it was bid. That's why I said I'd be willing to go look and take pictures of the known, telltale areas.

Comment

Doesn't look that awful to me, but you're both right, I'd want to look at it before spending real money. And if it didn't make reserve at that price, I can't afford it anyway :/

nate
          --
          55 Commander Starlight
          http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

Man I damn fell in love when I seen that interior. A black R2 Hawk with buckskin buckets WOW!
            John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

57' Transtar 259 punched to 312 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

64' (Studebaker Built) Trailer Toter

Comment

Originally posted by bams50 View Post
              Might be a real bargain depending on what the price is:
              Have you ever heard of a bargain that IS NOT dependent on the price??? Of course, using an open ended statement such as this does not require that one have any Studebaker pricing knowledge...

Comment

Originally posted by 289stude View Post
                A black R2 Hawk with buckskin buckets WOW!
                Agree JB, I'm going with buckskin in mine, only red body

Comment

I was looking at that one too. One thing I had in mind regarding any rust, is that, if it only had 23K on it, then how bad could the bottom end be?

I agree, that is one beautiful interior!

Comment

Originally posted by s2dwagon View Post
                    I was looking at that one too. One thing I had in mind regarding any rust, is that, if it only had 23K on it, then how bad could the bottom end be?

!
                    It could be completely shot in that mileage. I have seen them. Also, as Bob stated, there are many old cars here that do not have rust.
                    Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I am nearly certain that I know this Hawk and the owner. I would recommend looking at the Hawk before purchase.
                      Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

That's good to know.

My thinking was, with that few miles, it could not have been exposed to the elements that much and hopefully it would be in tip-top shape, rust wise.

Thanks,

Scott

Comment

Reserve was 20K
                          Chuck

Comment

Working...
                          X