Lark Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lark Update

I have been wanting to post an update on my 1959 Lark, seems that as soon as the weather broke here in Texas I got to tear into it. I removed the body and with the assistance of the members of this forum, I have replaced all the bushings in both the front and rear axles and the body to frame rubber. I replaced all the brakes lines both rubber and steel. I have replaced the fuel line with steel tubing, Thanks again Mr. Biggs. The wheel cylinders as well as the master cylinder are new. I derusted the frame and found it to be in really great shape so I followed Leonard's instruction and POR-15 the frame and made it look like it came fresh off the line at South Bend. And one last thing I removed all the 6 cylinder brakes and springs and used V-8 parts from the doner frame. The body was returned to it's home this past weekend. Sorry my story has gone long, I have photo's on a roll of film that I will post my progress. Again thanks to everyone that returns my endless e-mails with my endless questions on this project. That is the end of my endless story. [:I]

Randy_G
    South Bend or Bust 2007!
    God I miss chrome on cars.
    www.AutomotiveHistoryOnline.com

Hey Randy, sounds like you got a lot done there! I just sent you an email, as I'm getting close to that task myself.

Jim

--------
    Restoring my grandfather's '60 Lark, one rusted bolt at a time.

Maple Lake, Minnesota
    '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

Hey Randy, sounds like you got a lot done there! I just sent you an email, as I'm getting close to that task myself.

Jim

--------
      Restoring my grandfather's '60 Lark, one rusted bolt at a time.

Maple Lake, Minnesota
      '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

Sounds like you are really making progress, Randy. You are doing all the really hard work now.

Don't feel bad, every Studebaker restoration project I have ever done was endless!

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

Sounds like you are really making progress, Randy. You are doing all the really hard work now.

Don't feel bad, every Studebaker restoration project I have ever done was endless!

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

Jim, I sent you a e-mail back. Leonard its been a labor of love I think. I am hoping to get the motor and tranny installed in it this weekend. we shall see if the weather is going to co-operate.

Randy_G

Comment

Jim, I sent you a e-mail back. Leonard its been a labor of love I think. I am hoping to get the motor and tranny installed in it this weekend. we shall see if the weather is going to co-operate.

Randy_G

Comment

Working...
              X