Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eye cabbage: Wow... Poor '53 or '54 wagon!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Eye cabbage: Wow... Poor '53 or '54 wagon!

    '55 WAGON


    Needs some work, but the sheet metal looks ok?
    Last edited by Chris_Dresbach; 06-10-2010, 09:46 PM.
    Chris Dresbach

  • #2
    Originally posted by Chris_Dresbach
    Eye cabbage: Wow... Poor '53 or '54 wagon!
    You're close, but check out the windshield.........'55 with the wrap around, although they did use both styles that year.
    Skinny___'59 Lark VIII Regal____'60 Lark Marshal___

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Skinnys Garage View Post
      You're close, but check out the windshield.........'55 with the wrap around, although they did use both styles that year.
      Oops. Didn't look at that. I made the judgement by looking at the front fender. Ill correct it.
      Chris Dresbach

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Chris_Dresbach View Post
        Oops. Didn't look at that. I made the judgement by looking at the front fender. Ill correct it.
        No problem, here's some "almost matching eye cabbage" with the flat windshield.

        Skinny___'59 Lark VIII Regal____'60 Lark Marshal___

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Skinnys Garage View Post
          No problem, here's some "almost matching eye cabbage" with the flat windshield.

          The grille on this car looks much better than most. It certainly looks to be of good driver quality or a very nice start to a $2000 plating bill. If you have the means, I would pull it off and store it inside before nature takes its toll.

          Comment


          • #6
            First wagons out were in '54
            HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

            Jeff


            Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain



            Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Collection Doctor View Post
              The grille on this car looks much better than most. It certainly looks to be of good driver quality or a very nice start to a $2000 plating bill. If you have the means, I would pull it off and store it inside before nature takes its toll.
              I've been friends with the owner of this and about 3 dozen other Studes for over 30 years. I think I'm the only person that's been able to buy a couple cars over the years (actually had to trade a Stude to get one). He's been waiting to win the lottery and restore them all for years. To him, no car is a parts car. Lately the reality of things may be sinking in and I may be able to start helping him consolidate to a more realistic collection. This wagon could be one of the first. He mentioned the other day that I could do something with his '57 Transtar short box, so I'll start there and see what happens.
              Skinny___'59 Lark VIII Regal____'60 Lark Marshal___

              Comment


              • #8
                Gosh Skinny, I wish I had a friend or two like yours.
                Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                Ron Smith
                Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

                Comment

                Working...
                X