Spark plug Quinkie-Dink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spark plug Quinkie-Dink

I just bought some spark plugs today for my 59 Lark VI and was surpised that they are the exact same plugs in my Ford 8N tractor. I suppose I can stock up on Autolite 437's.

When I tuned up my '60 Convertible I would save one of the old plugs to use in my Briggs & Strattan 20" push mower.

Nowthat's CASO!
    "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Autolite 437's are not the correct plugs for the flat head six as they are a 7/16ths reach plug and you need a 3/8ths reach plug. The correct number is Autolite 295 or Champion J8. Autolite 216 or Champion H12 are the correct plugs for the 8N as it isn't a projected nose plug like the 437. A good friend of mine has owned an 8N for years and those are the plugs that I've installed in that as they are the plugs specified in both the Autolite and Champion catalogues. Bud

Comment

Now... A true CASO would just 'borrow' one plug, and return it after the grass was cut
        Jeff

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
        When I tuned up my '60 Convertible I would save one of the old plugs to use in my Briggs & Strattan 20" push mower.
        Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
        Nowthat's CASO!
        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

LOL!! I've done the borrow a plug thing to get yard mowed.
          http://datinmanspeaks.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
          X