Looking cool at a Stude meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking cool at a Stude meet

I don't think I've ever heard better stories of bad boy days gone by; a life filled with fun & hard work, a few tears & broken hearts, a keen eye for a savable Studebaker or pocket watch and an innate ability to get anywhere for a SDC gathering. Each meet with him delivers a better tale than the last. I wish I had a dollar for every time he uttered "If I was 50 years younger..." last week.
    If James Dean had stayed alive, this would be his pose right about now.

Tip o' both hats to you, my friend, StudeDick from the Ozarks.

Originally posted by barnlark View Post
    I don't think I've ever heard better stories of bad boy days gone by; a life filled with fun & hard work, a few tears & broken hearts, a keen eye for a savable Studebaker or pocket watch and an innate ability to get anywhere for a SDC gathering. Each meet with him delivers a better tale than the last. I wish I had a dollar for every time he uttered "If I was 50 years younger..." last week.
    If James Dean had stayed alive, this would be his pose right about now.

Tip o' both hats to you, my friend, StudeDick from the Ozarks.
    I too had a couple of conversations with Dick, and enjoyed every minute. Dick you're a scholar and a gentleman, (and there aren't many of us left) :-)
    Matt
    Brisbane
    Australia
    sigpic

Visit my Blog: http://www.mattsoilyrag.blogspot.com.au/

Comment

I'm in on that! Not many cooler guys out there! Glad to know you Dick!

Comment

A note from a former "roomie", complete with earplugs.

Studedick, you sure can snore!. Seriously, Dick, I'm glad to see you are still making the meets and making new friends. Hope to see you at the 2012 meet.

Regards,
        Bob Feaganes

Comment

Dave , you made my day !
          Dick ....nice pose , hope we see each other next year
          sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Yup, cool indeed. Was a great pleasure to meet you. The man was everywhere in Glendale. No wonder he snores, must be exhausted by the end of the day!
            Pat Dilling
            Olivehurst, CA
            Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

When he came to my table, he told me to call him "Skinny". I have not idea why.

John

Comment

Yes Dick is alright. There were three young men at the meet and Dick knew them when they were about John and Tracy kids age. One of them is in the white T-shirt showing the inside of the the car he had just finished building. Thanks Dick for being you

Comment

Yes Dick is one a kind and I am glad to know him, if every member was like Dick then the club would be better, its good now but with Dick it is pleasure to go to meets and see his smiling face, thanks Dick for being my friend...Bob
                  Candbstudebakers
                  Castro Valley,
                  California

Comment

That pic. must of been taken seconds before we started out B.S. session. It was nice Dick.

Comment

I want all you people to know how much I appreciate these comments. I really enjoy the meets because of all of you being there and making me feel the love that comes from this spectaculer group of Stude lovers. I am very proud to be associated with all of you. Hope to see you all in Springfield next year. THANK YOU ALL.

studedick from the lower Ozarks

Comment

Wow I too had the pleasure of meeting Dick. After Bobby's accident Dick called me to check on us. It was fantastic to finally meet you in person. Thank you for your kindness. It was a real Pleasure to meet you.
                        Mabel 1949 Champion
                        Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
                        Gus 1958 Transtar
                        The Prez 1955 President State
                        Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
                        Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
                        Fresno,Ca

Comment

Good to see you again Dick,we'l do it again next year!!!
                          Frank van Doorn
                          Omaha, Ne.
                          1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
                          1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
                          1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Working...
                          X