Bentley powered '56 Hawk at La Palma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bentley powered '56 Hawk at La Palma

I'm back home now so finally have a chance to share some neat stuff I saw. I parked next to this stunning '56 Hawk at the La Palma show. The body was perfect gloss black and the real surprise was the aluminum Bentley V8 under the hood. The owner has had a Bentley and Rolls Royce service for more than 20 years, that's how he came upon the engine. That is a home made manifold welded together from a Bentley base and Aston Martin top with 4 Weber cards. I think the fact that a man who makes his living around Rolls Royces and Bentleys chose a Studebaker to drive speaks volumes!

The reverse opening hood was also slick, very cleanly done.
    Last edited by Pat Dilling; 06-09-2010, 06:05 PM.
    Pat Dilling
    Olivehurst, CA
    Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

I also saw that. I was impressed! I had to do a double take on the Bentley motor, I could not believe it!

Mark

Comment

That is one beautiful car and that engine is just wow!

Comment

Gorgeous car and impressive engine. Would have been worth the trip to see that one in person. He and I agree the Hawk lines are improved by removing the bumper guards, badges and some of the chrome.

thnx, jack vines
        PackardV8

Comment

Did you see the grille badge? The Bentley wings with an S in the middle. Very well done car. I was checking out the Corvette suspension.

Comment

Very nice I wish I had that kind of expertise. Nice car, nice build.
            I have a 1950 4 door Commander a 51 land cruiser And a 52 Champion
            sigpic
            I'll Tattoo you anytime!
            And you can find me at....

New Shop Name Same tattoo shop
            Crazy Lady Ink
            Shakopee Mn.
            952-445-3281
            27 years in the tattooing biz

Comment

Gotta be a first for that particular engine/body combo.
              The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Several years ago at the Bradfield show near Bridgewater, VA there was a mid-50s Bentley street rod- powered by a Chrysler hemi.
                sigpic
                Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Working...
                X