Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rusty nut garage
    replied
    Dick has it right, I think that would be NEAT!

quote:Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp

I think somebody needs to pull the inboard headlights out and run cold air tubes to the aircleaner from the openings...ala some early 60's FX cars [].

Russ Shop Foreman "Rusty Nut Garage"
    57 SH (project)
    60 Lark VIII 2dr sd (driver)

Leave a comment:

• 65cruiser
    replied
    It looks like it has two black-eyes to me.

Leave a comment:

• 65cruiser
    replied
    It looks like it has two black-eyes to me.

Leave a comment:

• 8E45E
    replied
    [quote]Originally posted by Rerun

I often wondered how a '64 would look with the headlight rims blacked out.

There are some 1965 proposals where the headlight rims were only partially painted matte black in certain areas, in addition to the vertical bridges on the gille mesh ala '64 G.T. Hawk grille. It didn't really improve the look at all as the '64's were already attractive, but was one of those requirements at the time where the public expected drastic changes from the previous year.

Craig.

Leave a comment:

• 8E45E
    replied
    [quote]Originally posted by Rerun

I often wondered how a '64 would look with the headlight rims blacked out.

There are some 1965 proposals where the headlight rims were only partially painted matte black in certain areas, in addition to the vertical bridges on the gille mesh ala '64 G.T. Hawk grille. It didn't really improve the look at all as the '64's were already attractive, but was one of those requirements at the time where the public expected drastic changes from the previous year.

Craig.

Leave a comment:

• Dick Steinkamp
    replied
    I think somebody needs to pull the inboard headlights out and run cold air tubes to the aircleaner from the openings...ala some early 60's FX cars [].

Leave a comment:

• Dick Steinkamp
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Rerun
    started a topic '64 Daytona Raccoon

'64 Daytona Raccoon

I often wondered how a '64 would look with the headlight rims blacked out. To satisfy this morbid curiosity, I picked up a pair of used rims at York and powder coated them in a charcoal semi-gloss. You can see the results. To tell the truth, I wasn't crazy about the look, so I put the stock rims back on. Maybe it just doesn't work right with a black car.

However, I figured that someone out there might actually like the effect, and want to become the proud owner of this pair of rims. I would be willing to pass them along for my total investment of $5, plus shipping. If interested, drop me an email.

Jim Bradley
    '64 Daytona HT "Rerun"
Working...
X