2011 International Meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 International Meet

Have there been any dates proposed for the meet in Springfield, MO in 2011?

I'm trying to line-up muscians for the band

thanks

YES
    2011 47th Int. June 19-24 Springfield, Mo
    2012 48th Int. July 29-Aug 4 South Bend, Ind
    2013 49th Int. July 1-6 Colorado Springs, Co.

BE THERE!!!

Tom
    sigpic

Comment

When can we have an international meet closer to the south?
      Alex Nelsen, certified Studebaker nut.
      Driving a 1954 Champion Coupe powered by a Chrysler 383.
      Lizella, GA

Comment

2014 Int. Dover, Delaware June 28- July 5
        Dont suppose that will be south enough for you Alex

TOM
        sigpic

Comment

Springfield at the dates above

Oasis Ramada 2546 N Glenstone Ave.

Right off I-44. Not sure if everything is being held at one location, but Gary and others will chime in with the details.
          Pretty cool to read when one is done people start getting excited about the next.
          61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nelsen Motorsports View Post
            When can we have an international meet closer to the south?
            The simple answer is: when a chapter in the South proposes to sponsor one. SDC does not pick the spots -- chapters propose, and the international club approves. A copy of the Intl Meet Policy can be downloaded from the main SDC web site.
            Skip Lackie

Comment

Originally posted by COMMANDERPINK1 View Post
              2014 Int. Dover, Delaware June 28- July 5
              Dont suppose that will be south enough for you Alex

TOM
              I guess that you missed the SDC Internationals in Texas and Florida <G>. Even North Carolina was not that far from you. Get your local SDC Chapter working on bidding for an SDC International Convention.
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I'll take this chance to again publicly support another Meet in central Florida. A guy can hope, can't he? <G>

I know I'm looking forward to Springfield! It's my intention to make every International Meet and I was very disappointed to not have been able to make Glendale Looking forward is what I'm all about now. Heck, this one's only about 1400 miles from me. Hop skip n' a jump!

So is the Oasis mentioned above the Host Hotel? And, has the host chapter put up a Meet site yet?

BTW- what year was the last FL Int'l?

Comment

Originally posted by bams50 View Post
                  So is the Oasis mentioned above the Host Hotel? And, has the host chapter put up a Meet site yet?
                  http://www.ramadaoasis.com/
                  Yes I've been told its the host, Seperate site not sure

Studegary........keep in mind Alex is only 15. (signature line) and we don't know how long he's been interested or paying attention to Meets. Not sure when those meets you speak of were.
                  The clubs growing/turing over, I would hope that the older club members, with their vast knowledge keep mindful of the fact that we have to re educate those coming in, and not assume everyone who posts know's how everything within the club works or what has happened in the past.

Springfield: is sort of a "home coming" event for myself......First meet I ever went to....read about the event in Turning Wheels (before the internet mind you) picked Thursday and away we went.
                  I really wanted to drive the Lark down but Grandpa and Dad didn't want to ride without A/C so the Cadillac won. Later that day I found out the Lark lost out as the mode of transportation because Grandpa (God rest his sole) didn't want a newly licensend driver driving a Lark without A/C.

So as we walked around the swap area, I found a fan on a stick that said,

"Studebaker Airconditioner
                  Roll windows down
                  wave back and forth"

Bought it, handed it to Grandpa with a big smile on my face.....he read it......gave me the look.....and gave it back.

Dead panned me he did. Couldn't rile that man for nothing.
                  Last edited by 4961Studebaker; 06-08-2010, 12:14 PM.
                  61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

I'll take this chance to again publicly support another Meet in central Florida. A guy can hope, can't he? <G>

I know I'm looking forward to Springfield! It's my intention to make every International Meet and I was very disappointed to not have been able to make Glendale Looking forward is what I'm all about now. Heck, this one's only about 1400 miles from me. Hop skip n' a jump!

BTW- what year was the last FL Int'l?
                    I think the last one in Fla. was 1985 in Orlando. NT
                    Neil Thornton

Comment

Thinking about Springfield Mo not sure how many miles from Atlanta ,almost positive going to 2012 in South Bend before the end 12/31/12

Comment

And, has the host chapter put up a Meet site yet?
                        Bob,
                        I believe Mark Wheeler at Cornerstone prepares all the International Meet web sites under the auspices of SDC. You can be sure he's probably designing it as we speak.
                        "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                        sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

The Ramada Oasis Inn is the meet hotel. It is the same hotel that was used in 1985 and 1991. When you stand at the front gate of the Oasis you can see the road signs for 13 other hotels. Many are within walking distance.
                          If you want to stay at the Oasis I suggest you reserve VERY early. Like right now. ( I know you hear this every year but you really need to do so this time) There is a Holiday Inn and two other hotels next to the Oasis on the same side of the street.
                          The Sawp Meet and Concours will be held at the Fairgrounds approximately 3 and a half miles west of the Hotel.
                          There are also a few hotels close to the Fairgrounds. This is were the swap meet was held in 1985.
                          Gary Sanders
                          Nixa, MO

Comment

Ok, thanks for the information, and yes, since I am only 15 the 1985 meet was 9 years before I was born and I didn't really know what a Studebaker was until 6 years ago, but in the future distance may not affect me, maybe in 2011 I could drive myself, but I still only have a learners permit and my Stude aint even on four wheels.
                            Alex Nelsen, certified Studebaker nut.
                            Driving a 1954 Champion Coupe powered by a Chrysler 383.
                            Lizella, GA

Comment

Atlanta is approx. 670 miles
                              Last edited by Gary1953; 06-08-2010, 07:59 PM.
                              Gary Sanders
                              Nixa, MO

Comment

Working...
                              X