Intake manifold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intake manifold

I have in my possesion a STU-V aluminum 2X2 intake mainfold. My question is does anyone have an idea of what this thing is worth? As of now I own three Studebakers. Just a FYI. Thanks in advance. Keith

Keith; it is worth what people on ebay will pay! Simple as that, without carbs. and linkage maybe $200.00 or whatever the market will bear![^] If you have 3 cars to put it on and do not want to sell it, it does not matter![:0]

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Keith; it is worth what people on ebay will pay! Simple as that, without carbs. and linkage maybe $200.00 or whatever the market will bear![^] If you have 3 cars to put it on and do not want to sell it, it does not matter![:0]

StudeRich
      Studebakers Northwest
      Ferndale, WA
      StudeRich

Comment

Thanks StudeRich. I do have two of the sidedraft Stromberg WW carbs on the intake but not sure how good they are. I guess I could kit them and they should be fine.

Comment

Thanks StudeRich. I do have two of the sidedraft Stromberg WW carbs on the intake but not sure how good they are. I guess I could kit them and they should be fine.

Comment

'Careful, Keith; those really aren't side-draft carburetors. They are normal down-draft carburetors, they just have a 90-degree air horn on top of them. (Don't feel bad; that's a common misstatement in Studebaker circles.) [8D] BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
            "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

'Careful, Keith; those really aren't side-draft carburetors. They are normal down-draft carburetors, they just have a 90-degree air horn on top of them. (Don't feel bad; that's a common misstatement in Studebaker circles.) [8D] BP
              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
              "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Problem using those side inlet carbs is that you can't fit an air cleaner on the back carb. But, if you build some carb adapters to move the carbs up and further apart, you can fit air filters fine...
                But that can cause hood clearance problems.
                Jeff[8D]

Tight in between there.....

But with some spacing, it can be done....

But with top inlet WW's it'll fit just fine (if height isn't a problem)

A comparison to show the difference.
                Hope the info helps...
                Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by Lincoln77

DEEPNHOCK at Gmail.com
                Brooklet, Georgia
                '37 Coupe Express (never ending project)
                '37 Coupe Express Trailer (project)
                '61 Hawk (project)
                http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Problem using those side inlet carbs is that you can't fit an air cleaner on the back carb. But, if you build some carb adapters to move the carbs up and further apart, you can fit air filters fine...
                  But that can cause hood clearance problems.
                  Jeff[8D]

Tight in between there.....

But with some spacing, it can be done....

But with top inlet WW's it'll fit just fine (if height isn't a problem)

A comparison to show the difference.
                  Hope the info helps...
                  Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by Lincoln77

DEEPNHOCK at Gmail.com
                  Brooklet, Georgia
                  '37 Coupe Express (never ending project)
                  '37 Coupe Express Trailer (project)
                  '61 Hawk (project)
                  http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

That is a cool set up! What did that come on from the factory or did it? mighty fancy..

Randy_G
                    South Bend or Bust 2007!
                    God I miss chrome on cars.
                    www.AutomotiveHistoryOnline.com

Comment

That is a cool set up! What did that come on from the factory or did it? mighty fancy..

Randy_G
                      South Bend or Bust 2007!
                      God I miss chrome on cars.
                      www.AutomotiveHistoryOnline.com

Comment

Randy; Stu-V, Offenhauser, Wiend and others they all made these aftermarket 2/2 Intakes for early Stude. V-8 232's, before 4 brl. Intakes and Carbs. were available! [:0] [^]

StudeRich
                        Studebakers Northwest
                        Ferndale, WA
                        StudeRich

Comment

Randy; Stu-V, Offenhauser, Wiend and others they all made these aftermarket 2/2 Intakes for early Stude. V-8 232's, before 4 brl. Intakes and Carbs. were available! [:0] [^]

StudeRich
                          Studebakers Northwest
                          Ferndale, WA
                          StudeRich

Comment

Jeff, you might just have something there with the setup in the picture second from the bottom. Isn't that one carb feeding the other with the gas supply? If so, seems to me that would be a good set up for fuel economy.

[)]

Dick Steinkamp
                            Bellingham, WA

Comment

Jeff, you might just have something there with the setup in the picture second from the bottom. Isn't that one carb feeding the other with the gas supply? If so, seems to me that would be a good set up for fuel economy.

[)]

Dick Steinkamp
                              Bellingham, WA

Comment

Working...
                              X