How do I bench test a radio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I bench test a radio?

Recently acquired a ('63?) radio. Before selling it, I would like to be able to say whether it works or not.

It has a green wire coming out of the left side and two blade-type connectors on the back.

KURTRUK
    (read it backwards)
    KURTRUK
    (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

You need the proper mating connector to fit the receptacle in back for the speaker wires, the correct 10 OHM speaker, a 12V Batt. and an antenna, it and the radio case should be grounded to the Neg. "-" Batt. terminal. The green/white wire should be fused, and is the power lead. It may be easier to test it in a car!

I think we have a post here that gives a link to a list of Studebaker/Delco all transister radio Studebaker Accessory (AC)part numbers which are on the label on the back of the case. Then you can identify the model and year. If it's a late model with the thin (1/4") push buttons. I would have to see the face to tell the year, if it's a manual tuning model.

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

You need the proper mating connector to fit the receptacle in back for the speaker wires, the correct 10 OHM speaker, a 12V Batt. and an antenna, it and the radio case should be grounded to the Neg. "-" Batt. terminal. The green/white wire should be fused, and is the power lead. It may be easier to test it in a car!

I think we have a post here that gives a link to a list of Studebaker/Delco all transister radio Studebaker Accessory (AC)part numbers which are on the label on the back of the case. Then you can identify the model and year. If it's a late model with the thin (1/4") push buttons. I would have to see the face to tell the year, if it's a manual tuning model.

StudeRich
      Studebakers Northwest
      Ferndale, WA
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Working...
      X