58 President selling for $$$

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 58 President selling for $$$

Isn't it amazing how a lowly 4 dr. Sedan that couldn't get a bid last week at a starting bid of $6500.00, is now (with a $4251.00 Reserve) bid up to $6000.00 !![:0] He did actually LOWER the reserve, it must have been in the $5000.00 area.

This is a very nice car with all new interior (except windlace and headliner) and as we discussed before a rare and now-days somewhat desirable, top of the line luxury classic Studebaker President, certainly NOT appreciated in it's day! [^][^]
    If I lived within a State or two of Michigan, I'd be all over it! [^]

It is an example of what JDP was saying, about the way you set your price (reserve) having everything to do with how people bid! [:0]

here is a link to it: http://tinyurl.com/2lytpm

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

I can attest to the "sage" advice of JDP as well...
    just think my "Charlene" a 1953 "plain jane" tudoor
    sedan sold for $6500.00 last Saturday and was higher
    than the 1st auction, that had a reserve, and didn't
    close with a sale.

Glen Brose
    East of Chino Valley, AZ
    The Home of "Charlene"
    53 Champion Tudr Sedan

Comment

I can attest to the "sage" advice of JDP as well...
      just think my "Charlene" a 1953 "plain jane" tudoor
      sedan sold for $6500.00 last Saturday and was higher
      than the 1st auction, that had a reserve, and didn't
      close with a sale.

Glen Brose
      East of Chino Valley, AZ
      The Home of "Charlene"
      53 Champion Tudr Sedan

Comment

This is what I recently said about my old Champ truck. If the guy would've had sane aspirations (instead of havingt only a $16K BIN) and started the biddling low, the truck would already have a new owner.[^]

Miscreant adrift in
        the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

This is what I recently said about my old Champ truck. If the guy would've had sane aspirations (instead of havingt only a $16K BIN) and started the biddling low, the truck would already have a new owner.[^]

Miscreant adrift in
          the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

'Course, now, if it was a 1958 Packard:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1958-...QQcmdZViewItem

Yeow! [:0] The Packard is probably a nicer car, but two and a half times as nice? [}] BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
            "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

'Course, now, if it was a 1958 Packard:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1958-...QQcmdZViewItem

Yeow! [:0] The Packard is probably a nicer car, but two and a half times as nice? [}] BP
              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
              "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

What a beautiflul car! Four barrel 289 also. The buyer should end up with bugs in their teeth.

Gordon

Comment

What a beautiflul car! Four barrel 289 also. The buyer should end up with bugs in their teeth.

Gordon

Comment

Working...
                  X