Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you remember these? (Studebaker mention)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guido
    replied
    Leonard,

Did you ever go to one of the Statler's 4th of July parties at Gypsy Hill Park in Staunton?

Gary

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Leave a comment:

• Guido
    replied
    Leonard,

Did you ever go to one of the Statler's 4th of July parties at Gypsy Hill Park in Staunton?

Gary

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Leave a comment:

• rockinhawk
    replied
    I still like the seam up the back of her hose!!

Neil Thornton
    Hazlehurst, GA
    '57 Silver Hawk
    '56 Sky Hawk
    '51 2R16 dump truck
    Many others.

Leave a comment:

• rockinhawk
    replied
    I still like the seam up the back of her hose!!

Neil Thornton
    Hazlehurst, GA
    '57 Silver Hawk
    '56 Sky Hawk
    '51 2R16 dump truck
    Many others.

Leave a comment:

• stude freak
    replied
    Ah ! Yes I do remember these.As a matter of fact the Statlers are one of my favorite groups.I have a few of their early songs I always play at cruise ins.Kinda gets ya in the mood.The best thing about it is that im not to old to remember.All good memories except one.The dreaded Sadie Hawkins dance,The girls got to ask the boys ,we guys were on pins and needles hoping the wrong girl didnt ask us.[8D]P.S. Wish i still had the hair for a flat top or duck tail.I guess I could qualify for a plucked goose.

David Baggett Mantachie,Ms.

Leave a comment:

• stude freak
    replied
    Ah ! Yes I do remember these.As a matter of fact the Statlers are one of my favorite groups.I have a few of their early songs I always play at cruise ins.Kinda gets ya in the mood.The best thing about it is that im not to old to remember.All good memories except one.The dreaded Sadie Hawkins dance,The girls got to ask the boys ,we guys were on pins and needles hoping the wrong girl didnt ask us.[8D]P.S. Wish i still had the hair for a flat top or duck tail.I guess I could qualify for a plucked goose.

David Baggett Mantachie,Ms.

Leave a comment:

• acolds
    replied
    I must be old after looking at entire site I remember almost everything from songs to tv programs, Maybe things were simpler then or we didn't worry or get as involved so deeply in everything going on. My biggest worry was getting a job and buying a car not any car but a Studebaker Hawk.

Leave a comment:

• acolds
    replied
    I must be old after looking at entire site I remember almost everything from songs to tv programs, Maybe things were simpler then or we didn't worry or get as involved so deeply in everything going on. My biggest worry was getting a job and buying a car not any car but a Studebaker Hawk.

Leave a comment:

• rockne10
    replied
    Watched this and couldn't stop saying "Yes"! Tired me out. Tire easily anymore. I had the flat top and the white bucks and wouldn't admit to owning a pair of blue suede shoes anywhere but here and will deny it if anyone asks.

Leave a comment:

• rockne10
    replied
    Watched this and couldn't stop saying "Yes"! Tired me out. Tire easily anymore. I had the flat top and the white bucks and wouldn't admit to owning a pair of blue suede shoes anywhere but here and will deny it if anyone asks.

Leave a comment:

• lstude
    replied
    I had heard that one of the Statler Brothers did own a Studebaker at one time.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Leave a comment:

• lstude
    replied
    I had heard that one of the Statler Brothers did own a Studebaker at one time.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Leave a comment:

• BShaw
    started a topic Do you remember these? (Studebaker mention)

Do you remember these? (Studebaker mention)

Here is why I love the Internet!

http://oldfortyfives.com/DYRT.htm

BShaw,Webmaster

60 Hawk. 49 2R5, 39 Champion
    Woodbury, Minnesota
Working...
X