No announcement yet.

Question About Dash on '51 Champion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It actually has a place for the cigarette lighter, which is missing(not that I need one, but I'll probably replace it anyway). These cars were obviously designed with smokers in mind, since there are three ash trays! I'll look under the dash in the morning when it's light again and see if I can trace the wires, but nothing happens when I move the switch from "off" to "on". Also, does anyone know of a site or source for paint chips? I know I'm gonna repaint it, since the paint job isn't that great, and I just don't care for the off-white or ivory color. I'm not sure if I want to stick with a "stock" Studebaker color, or something custom(and no, NOT flames) that will go well with the interior color, which is a light tan, for lack of a better term. I've definately got to have the chrome restored, though, since that's the worst part of the car, appearance-wise.

pitbulllady

quote:Originally posted by lstude

According to the brochure, that was the place for the optional cigarette lighter.

Comment

It actually has a place for the cigarette lighter, which is missing(not that I need one, but I'll probably replace it anyway). These cars were obviously designed with smokers in mind, since there are three ash trays! I'll look under the dash in the morning when it's light again and see if I can trace the wires, but nothing happens when I move the switch from "off" to "on". Also, does anyone know of a site or source for paint chips? I know I'm gonna repaint it, since the paint job isn't that great, and I just don't care for the off-white or ivory color. I'm not sure if I want to stick with a "stock" Studebaker color, or something custom(and no, NOT flames) that will go well with the interior color, which is a light tan, for lack of a better term. I've definately got to have the chrome restored, though, since that's the worst part of the car, appearance-wise.

pitbulllady

quote:Originally posted by lstude

According to the brochure, that was the place for the optional cigarette lighter.

Comment

autocolorlibrary.com

Brad Johnson
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
        "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10,
        '51 Commander Starlight,
        '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
        '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

autocolorlibrary.com

Brad Johnson
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
          "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          '33 Rockne 10,
          '51 Commander Starlight,
          '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
          '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

Regarding the locking gas cap, quite often there is a Stude locking gas cap on eBay. As far as I know, they fit all postwar models/years. Look for the kind with the "S" logo on it. If there's not one on eBay now, keep watching, one will come up soon. If you plan to go the So. Bend meet there will surely be some good used locking gas caps there.

Dennis Napier

Comment

Regarding the locking gas cap, quite often there is a Stude locking gas cap on eBay. As far as I know, they fit all postwar models/years. Look for the kind with the "S" logo on it. If there's not one on eBay now, keep watching, one will come up soon. If you plan to go the So. Bend meet there will surely be some good used locking gas caps there.

Dennis Napier

Comment

Dennis; you do know that most of those with the "S", stands for the manufacturer's name: Stant" not Studebaker! So not all of them will fit!

quote:Originally posted by dennyscars

.Look for the kind with the "S" logo on it.
                Dennis Napier
                StudeRich
                Studebakers Northwest
                Ferndale, WA
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Dennis; you do know that most of those with the "S", stands for the manufacturer's name: Stant" not Studebaker! So not all of them will fit!

quote:Originally posted by dennyscars

.Look for the kind with the "S" logo on it.
                  Dennis Napier
                  StudeRich
                  Studebakers Northwest
                  Ferndale, WA
                  StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Working...
                  X