Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blinging the Hawk

Added some trim to the Hawk today...

(hey Guido...check the JD dealer sign reflected in the C pillar [8D])

The grill shell isn't tied down. I was just checking to see where I have to mask and paint flat black behind the grill.

The front end without the factory bumper guards and front license plate is just right

Tomorrow I'm shooting for the top of fenders/top of door stainless.

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Gosh Dick, you make me feel like the kid who came to school and didn't do his homework! I really need to get to work!

By the way, the Hawk looks great!

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

Gosh Dick, you make me feel like the kid who came to school and didn't do his homework! I really need to get to work!

By the way, the Hawk looks great!

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

Dick,
        The Hawk looks fabulous!!!! Is the trunk overlay NOS or did
        you buff it?
        Terry Stinehelfer
        Bucyrus, OH

Comment

Dick,
          The Hawk looks fabulous!!!! Is the trunk overlay NOS or did
          you buff it?
          Terry Stinehelfer
          Bucyrus, OH

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp
            If it only said Oliver....

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.
            Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp
              If it only said Oliver....

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.
              Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

quote:Originally posted by lstude

Gosh Dick, you make me feel like the kid who came to school and didn't do his homework!
                Hey Len, don't feel bad. I'm currently "gainfully unemployed"...I get to do this all day if I want to. You've got that JOB thing that gets in the way. You'll get there with your projects...for sure.

Dick Steinkamp
                Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by lstude

Gosh Dick, you make me feel like the kid who came to school and didn't do his homework!
                  Hey Len, don't feel bad. I'm currently "gainfully unemployed"...I get to do this all day if I want to. You've got that JOB thing that gets in the way. You'll get there with your projects...for sure.

Dick Steinkamp
                  Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by R2GTHAWK
                    Is the trunk overlay NOS or did you buff it?
                    It came on the car and is original to the car (to the best of my knowledge)...only one tang on the "T" bolt holders was missing. Nice ones are getting tough to find.

Hey, also I got the wheel well moldings and rocker panel covers mounted today.

Dick Steinkamp
                    Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by R2GTHAWK
                      Is the trunk overlay NOS or did you buff it?
                      It came on the car and is original to the car (to the best of my knowledge)...only one tang on the "T" bolt holders was missing. Nice ones are getting tough to find.

Hey, also I got the wheel well moldings and rocker panel covers mounted today.

Dick Steinkamp
                      Bellingham, WA

Comment

Hey Dick, guido would really like to see this hanging on your wall, but I don't know if you would want it there!

Hey, I think we might have a spell checker on our forum. It is putting red lines under misspelled words [:0]

Comment

Hey Dick, guido would really like to see this hanging on your wall, but I don't know if you would want it there!

Hey, I think we might have a spell checker on our forum. It is putting red lines under misspelled words [:0]

Comment

Looks great to me!

Randy_G
                            South Bend or Bust 2007!
                            God I miss chrome on cars.
                            www.AutomotiveHistoryOnline.com

Comment

Looks great to me!

Randy_G
                              South Bend or Bust 2007!
                              God I miss chrome on cars.
                              www.AutomotiveHistoryOnline.com