No announcement yet.

Studebob's X Champ Pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Robert, Jake, Steve (and many others!) - I was/am moved by this whole thing. Heh - I was mowing the grass yesterday (a rather mindless task) and thinking about this Champ and the notoriety it's gained simply by having been mine at one time.
    I'm NOT trying to rekindle things here, but I did muse that when I finally get around to writing my book about my "mid-wife crisis" (mid-wife = between wives!), this truck might gain value as it's realized that it was part of the inspiration for the bok that became the movie![:0] LOL! But, back on earth.......

bams50 wrote:
    "I pitched the idea for these reasons:

1. You offer a service here, with real value, to anyone- for FREE.

Know what? That I can come up with the right answer now and then IS my reward.

2. I can absolutely identify with this situation- having real affection for a vehicle and having to part with it due to hard times; and seeing it go to an unappreciative oaf! Then by sheer kismet it actually turns up all these years later!

The day it sold at auction, I was disconnected from it - emotionally, that is. Or so I thought. It really pained me later when I realized I wouldn't have had to sell it, but there was no goin' back at that point.[8] Time does wound all heels and so I got over it eventually. I guess you could say I went the "Take two Studes and call me in the morning" approach.[^]

3. God has overwhelmingly blessed me, and I am extremely thankful for all He's given me; and like to pass on a little of that blessing to others... I'm a big believer in the concept of "paying it forward".

I like payin' it forward too! And I do with what I can. Materially, that ain't much - but sharing thru what I've gained by experience, it only takes time and keystrokes.

4. I saw it as a chance to rail against injustice, by righting one.

A battle I think any one us would take on!

5. I predicted a lot of others would feel similarly!

And I didn't doubt that things might go that way but like the forces of Yin & Yang, I was equally certain there were those muttering "what the hell!"[}]

I am aware that it was kind of a wacky idea- pitch in a few bucks to a (mostly) stranger for an inanimate object... still, it felt like a chance to kick in next-to-nothing in exchange for helping someone we care about achieve a dream... seemed like a real bargain to me!! Honestly, it'd be a great deal: be a blessing to someone, and make brownie points with my Lord at the same time!!

Of course, it is after all only a vehicle; if it falls over a cliff, we'll all keep getting up and living till the Boss calls us home. But here's what's great about it: Not only did it serve you back then, it brought out lots of folks who appreciate you wanting to see you blessed with getting it back- you would be shocked- and I expect a little embarrassed- by the sheer number of folks who e-mailed me wanting to be a part of this!! The few sad, jealous losers that had something negative to say mean nothing; the fact that they have led a life that means nothing is why they're jealous of those who contribute to the world. I have no anger towards them; only pity... and I pray they get well soon...

Ya know, I've got neighbors that are friends and some that I wouldn't lift the phone to call for help if their house was in fire. As far as any popularity quotient goes, I remind myself that there was a revered president that had some notion about pleasing ALL of the folks SOME of the time - yada, yada, yada...
    I've never spent so much as one night in the pokey - but I HAVE broken the law a time or two!
    I suppose I'm guilty of deliberately fostering a facade of goodness (don't most of us put our best face forward???), but I'm not worried about bein' late for my canonizing (is it double "nn" when it pertains to being recognized as a saint?), neither for being "Sainted" or shot ou
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Robert, Jake, Steve (and many others!) - I was/am moved by this whole thing. Heh - I was mowing the grass yesterday (a rather mindless task) and thinking about this Champ and the notoriety it's gained simply by having been mine at one time.
      I'm NOT trying to rekindle things here, but I did muse that when I finally get around to writing my book about my "mid-wife crisis" (mid-wife = between wives!), this truck might gain value as it's realized that it was part of the inspiration for the bok that became the movie![:0] LOL! But, back on earth.......

bams50 wrote:
      "I pitched the idea for these reasons:

1. You offer a service here, with real value, to anyone- for FREE.

Know what? That I can come up with the right answer now and then IS my reward.

2. I can absolutely identify with this situation- having real affection for a vehicle and having to part with it due to hard times; and seeing it go to an unappreciative oaf! Then by sheer kismet it actually turns up all these years later!

The day it sold at auction, I was disconnected from it - emotionally, that is. Or so I thought. It really pained me later when I realized I wouldn't have had to sell it, but there was no goin' back at that point.[8] Time does wound all heels and so I got over it eventually. I guess you could say I went the "Take two Studes and call me in the morning" approach.[^]

3. God has overwhelmingly blessed me, and I am extremely thankful for all He's given me; and like to pass on a little of that blessing to others... I'm a big believer in the concept of "paying it forward".

I like payin' it forward too! And I do with what I can. Materially, that ain't much - but sharing thru what I've gained by experience, it only takes time and keystrokes.

4. I saw it as a chance to rail against injustice, by righting one.

A battle I think any one us would take on!

5. I predicted a lot of others would feel similarly!

And I didn't doubt that things might go that way but like the forces of Yin & Yang, I was equally certain there were those muttering "what the hell!"[}]

I am aware that it was kind of a wacky idea- pitch in a few bucks to a (mostly) stranger for an inanimate object... still, it felt like a chance to kick in next-to-nothing in exchange for helping someone we care about achieve a dream... seemed like a real bargain to me!! Honestly, it'd be a great deal: be a blessing to someone, and make brownie points with my Lord at the same time!!

Of course, it is after all only a vehicle; if it falls over a cliff, we'll all keep getting up and living till the Boss calls us home. But here's what's great about it: Not only did it serve you back then, it brought out lots of folks who appreciate you wanting to see you blessed with getting it back- you would be shocked- and I expect a little embarrassed- by the sheer number of folks who e-mailed me wanting to be a part of this!! The few sad, jealous losers that had something negative to say mean nothing; the fact that they have led a life that means nothing is why they're jealous of those who contribute to the world. I have no anger towards them; only pity... and I pray they get well soon...

Ya know, I've got neighbors that are friends and some that I wouldn't lift the phone to call for help if their house was in fire. As far as any popularity quotient goes, I remind myself that there was a revered president that had some notion about pleasing ALL of the folks SOME of the time - yada, yada, yada...
      I've never spent so much as one night in the pokey - but I HAVE broken the law a time or two!
      I suppose I'm guilty of deliberately fostering a facade of goodness (don't most of us put our best face forward???), but I'm not worried about bein' late for my canonizing (is it double "nn" when it pertains to being recognized as a saint?), neither for being "Sainted" or shot ou
      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Dang it , Bob yo gonna make me cry. Wheres that funny "hep me " picture.I can't wait to meet all you guys face to face.,Shake ya hand ,and sit down over a cold one and jaw with ya about studes .This not only Bob, but Dick ,Dave, Bams.Stude Rich and all the others.

David Baggett Mantachie,Ms.

Comment

Dang it , Bob yo gonna make me cry. Wheres that funny "hep me " picture.I can't wait to meet all you guys face to face.,Shake ya hand ,and sit down over a cold one and jaw with ya about studes .This not only Bob, but Dick ,Dave, Bams.Stude Rich and all the others.

David Baggett Mantachie,Ms.

Comment

Working...
          X