1953 Stude pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1953 Stude pickup

I am the new owner of a '53 pickup, my question, is there supposed to be a panel under the hood to protect the instrument panel wiring..etc? as well as the glove box area? My truck has no such panel and the heat generated by the engine comes right into the passenger compartment. The heater case is right in the center of the cowl area, on either side of this case it is open to the back side of the dash panel. I live in the desert southwest and this added heat is quite objectionable.. Thanks for any help... Karl.

Save your money and buy a Hotrod!

The factory did not use such a panel, but many rodders make one. I did see one ready made custom panel kit on ebay a few months back.

64 Commander-64 Daytona
    64 GT R2 clone-63 GT R2
    63 Avanti R1
    63 Daytona convert-63
    63 Lark 2 door
    62 Lark 2 door
    60 Lark HT-60Hawk
    59 3E truck
    52 & 53 Starliner
    51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

The factory did not use such a panel, but many rodders make one. I did see one ready made custom panel kit on ebay a few months back.

64 Commander-64 Daytona
      64 GT R2 clone-63 GT R2
      63 Avanti R1
      63 Daytona convert-63
      63 Lark 2 door
      62 Lark 2 door
      60 Lark HT-60Hawk
      59 3E truck
      52 & 53 Starliner
      51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
          X