Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1953 Studester (Studebaker Hot Rod) only $100K for a car that cost $250K to build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1953 Studester (Studebaker Hot Rod) only $100K for a car that cost $250K to build

A friend of mine found this today and e-mailed it to me. A a highly modified 1953 Studebaker coupe sporting every mod one could drool over powered by a 523 CID big block Ford.

Asking price is a real bargain at $100K for a car that is claimed to have cost over $250K to build.

12571 hot rod, street rod and muscle cars for sale today on Hotrodhotline
    sigpic
    John
    63R-2386
    Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

IIRC the guy that built that car lives in western PA somewhere as my dad mentioned seeing it at a show somewhere local to him. I've never seen the car but if the pics and my dad's description are to be believed, it's pretty nice.

nate
    --
    55 Commander Starlight
    http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

Won "Best Ford in a Ford" at GoodGuys... huh??

It's been discussed here beore. Really is an awesome car.

Someday I hope to be so rich I can afford to spend $250K on a toy- and lose $150K on it!

Not that I would, of course. Just like to be able to afford to

I bet it finds a home pretty quickly for $100K.

Comment

I love that engine compartment.

Comment

Gosh, my car only has a budget of less than 1/25th of that!
          Alex Nelsen, certified Studebaker nut.
          Driving a 1954 Champion Coupe powered by a Chrysler 383.
          Lizella, GA

Comment

Well, It has come down $25K since we last saw a post about it here....

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Like any Stude, a heckuva a negative investment, but he raised the bar. Losing $150k on an essentially new build may be a new record for a Stude-bodied car.

thnx, jack vines
              PackardV8

Comment

Workmanship is impressive, but I really do not like the profile with the top on. It looks like it belongs on some other car.
                Pat Dilling
                Olivehurst, CA
                Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Absolutely space age. Amazing!
                  Chris Dresbach

Comment

One outstanding 53 Stude, the workmanship is amazing. The top fits so well at the back and while it looks odd to us Studebaker guys, you couldnt hardly make the top fit with the body being shortened 20 inches. The Engine compartment looks so clean and uncluttered, not a wire showing. The interior compartment was very well thought out. And it's not SBC powered as so many people here hate. (but Studebaker management didn't).
                    He did keep the original Studebaker lines in the car, Probably knowing you cant beat a 53 Studebaker for styling.
                    Last edited by clonelark; 05-21-2010, 02:35 AM.
                    101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Originally posted by PackardV8 View Post
                      Like any Stude, a heckuva a negative investment, but he raised the bar. Losing $150k on an essentially new build may be a new record for a Stude-bodied car.

thnx, jack vines
                      Jack yes since he has raised the bar now ...... feel free to give me one of your cars that you have spent $25K to $50K on ..... Oh and of course a cashier's check for another $100K to $125K plus say another 5 or 10% to exceed the bar he has now set. LOL
                      sigpic
                      John
                      63R-2386
                      Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

Comment

Interesting car in the pittsburgh area but not my cup of tea especially when you consider he invested 250K and only expects a return of 100K. I got a lot of other Studebaker stuff I can do for that kind of money
                        sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

As art it's nice. As a car ...not so much. I have trouble thinking of driving something like that on a cruise or trip out of town.
                          "In the heart of Arkansas."
                          Searcy, Arkansas
                          1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                          1952 2R pickup

Comment

What amazing talent. Maybe it isn't what a true purist would approve of, but it is a sensational piece of work. Financially I couldn't afford the steering wheel. But for those that have the funds and wish to create something like this work of art, have at it I say. As for how much money was spent on this peoject. I recall reading a reply from a very wealthy industrialist when asked how much his yacht cost, he replied that if you have to ask you can't afford it! I agree with (clonelark) I like the fact he kept the Studebaker styling.

Comment

I really do not like the profile with the top on. It looks like it belongs on some other car.
                              If someone has a photo of the '57-58 hardtop handy to post, it would make an interesting comparison. Rear windows are different, but roofline/windowline are very similar.

thnx, jack vines
                              PackardV8

Comment

Working...
                              X