Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MWM in search of used '60 Lark Manuals

Hey everyone:

So, I'm in the process of tearing apart my Lark, in hopes of getting my body repairs made, hopefully by Summertime (Hey, I can dream!). But it's occurred to me that my life would be a lot easier if I had the body & shop manuals. I feel like I'm sort of re-inventing the wheel here, marking down where everything is coming from, and how to take it off/reinstall it. Life would be much easier with a manual.

Anyway, marriage and running my own business means I can't afford to buy a brand new copy of the manuals. SO do any of you out there have used copies you'd be willing to part with? Or, better yet, if any of you North Star Chapter members wanted to loan me your copy, I'd be much obliged.

Thanks everyone!

--------
    Restoring my grandfather's '60 Lark, one rusted bolt at a time.

Maple Lake, Minnesota
    '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

You can get all three manuals for $25 on CD-Rom. This allows you to print out fresh pages when needed. A used set of originals will most likely cost more than this.

This website is for sale! grogansports.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, grogansports.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
    1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

You can get all three manuals for $25 on CD-Rom. This allows you to print out fresh pages when needed. A used set of originals will most likely cost more than this.

This website is for sale! grogansports.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, grogansports.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
      1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Jim, DEFINITELY get the CDs! Highly recommended- from a fellow Larker [^]

Robert K. Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
        Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Jim, DEFINITELY get the CDs! Highly recommended- from a fellow Larker [^]

Robert K. Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
          Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

I ordered a cd-rom from Rich today.I told him i would have the check in the mail monday but i got busy dismanteling the 53 and lost my roundtoit,found it this morn.

David Baggett Mantachie,Ms.

Comment

I ordered a cd-rom from Rich today.I told him i would have the check in the mail monday but i got busy dismanteling the 53 and lost my roundtoit,found it this morn.

David Baggett Mantachie,Ms.

Comment

Excellent advice, guys! Many thanks, and I'll have to go order that right away!

--------

Maple Lake, Minnesota

Comment

Excellent advice, guys! Many thanks, and I'll have to go order that right away!

--------

Maple Lake, Minnesota

Comment

Maybe it's just me, but I don't find the CDs very advantageous. I guess you could make a point about them taking up less space, but that's the only point I'd concede to.[}]

Miscreant adrift in
                    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                    1960 Larkvertible V8
                    1958 Provincial wagon
                    1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Maybe it's just me, but I don't find the CDs very advantageous. I guess you could make a point about them taking up less space, but that's the only point I'd concede to.[}]

Miscreant adrift in
                      the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                      1960 Larkvertible V8
                      1958 Provincial wagon
                      1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Mr.Biggs,

I do have to admit, flipping through the pages of a CD is hard to do while you're up to your elbows in old car! :-D But seriously, I think it would be easy enough to print off the pages I need when I need them. Then again, we're looking at a 100% rebuild on my stude, so eventually, I'm going to print every single page of that book. Hmm......

--------

Maple Lake, Minnesota

Comment

Mr.Biggs,

I do have to admit, flipping through the pages of a CD is hard to do while you're up to your elbows in old car! :-D But seriously, I think it would be easy enough to print off the pages I need when I need them. Then again, we're looking at a 100% rebuild on my stude, so eventually, I'm going to print every single page of that book. Hmm......

--------

Maple Lake, Minnesota

Comment

Jim, e-bay is your friend. I was able to get the shop manual for Bess at a third the cost of a new one. All I had to do is tape the cover back together(LOL)! Seriously, though, those manuals do have a habit of coming up on e-bay from time to time. The CDs are cheap and a good temp fix.

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                            Lotsa Larks!
                            K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                            Ron Smith
                            Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
                            Ron Smith
                            Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Jim, e-bay is your friend. I was able to get the shop manual for Bess at a third the cost of a new one. All I had to do is tape the cover back together(LOL)! Seriously, though, those manuals do have a habit of coming up on e-bay from time to time. The CDs are cheap and a good temp fix.

Lotsa Larks!
                              Ron Smith
                              Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
                              Ron Smith
                              Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Working...
                              X