I don't know, but I think this bidder
    is a little anxious to get this car....
    does look nice but not that much!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stude...QQcmdZViewItem

Glen Brose
    East of Chino Valley, AZ
    The Home of "Charlene"
    53 Champion Tudr Sedan

It appears that this is another scam or someone has had their account highjacked. His history shows that he has 22 bids with this same seller for vehicles being offered. There are currently 29 different cars shown for the seller and all show an asking price of $7200 or $9500. The E Jaguar has been bid to $10,000,100 and the 356 Porsche is up to $50,000,100 with numerous others at $750,000.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.
    Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

It appears that this is another scam or someone has had their account highjacked. His history shows that he has 22 bids with this same seller for vehicles being offered. There are currently 29 different cars shown for the seller and all show an asking price of $7200 or $9500. The E Jaguar has been bid to $10,000,100 and the 356 Porsche is up to $50,000,100 with numerous others at $750,000.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.
      Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

Scammers, all of em![xx(][xx(] They are like the guy who keeps putting that Bright Red/White Interior '51 Commander Convertible up, that he say's he wants 7200.00 for, but starts at $158.00 with no reserve, also says it has Leather Interior, shows only one exterior Pic and says it is GREEN with Brown Interior! It was on another post and JDP, myself and others have reported it, but it comes and goes...still!!!

StudeRich
        Studebakers Northwest
        Ferndale, WA
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Scammers, all of em![xx(][xx(] They are like the guy who keeps putting that Bright Red/White Interior '51 Commander Convertible up, that he say's he wants 7200.00 for, but starts at $158.00 with no reserve, also says it has Leather Interior, shows only one exterior Pic and says it is GREEN with Brown Interior! It was on another post and JDP, myself and others have reported it, but it comes and goes...still!!!

StudeRich
          Studebakers Northwest
          Ferndale, WA
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

We certainly learned our lesson with fist listing of
            "Charlene" and the aftermath...took EBAY a couple of days
            to get around to the fact that we had been victimized.
            After changing passwords 3x's and holding our cards
            very close....the 2nd listing went very smoothly, without
            even so much of a hicup or burp.

Glen Brose
            East of Chino Valley, AZ
            The Home of "Charlene"
            53 Champion Tudr Sedan

Comment

Glen Brose
              East of Chino Valley, AZ
              The Home of "Charlene"
              53 Champion Tudr Sedan

Comment

Scam! It's gone now.

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
                '63 F2/Lark Standard
                http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Scam! It's gone now.

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
                  '63 F2/Lark Standard
                  http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

I'm wondering, did your account get hacked and how did that happen? What's the story here?

quote:Originally posted by glen

Glen Brose
                    East of Chino Valley, AZ
                    The Home of "Charlene"
                    53 Champion Tudr Sedan

Comment

I'm wondering, did your account get hacked and how did that happen? What's the story here?

Glen Brose
                      East of Chino Valley, AZ
                      The Home of "Charlene"
                      53 Champion Tudr Sedan

Comment

Mark,

We unfortunately answered a question, somewhere during the 1st auction, by someone, with the call sign of "arsneic"...that should have sent a red flag up....can't remember if it was an ebay message or what. However, they were able to, after the inital listing expired, to send out about 10 2nd chance offers, of which 2 of our own forum members were receipants. We notified ebay,as did others that this was going on and also changed our p/w. In the middle of the night, after the original listing expired, but as the 2nd listing was running, we got an ebay message saying that they, upon request, gave us a new temporary password....not us...so I changed the temp. password to something else again...notified ebay, again, also verified our account and was up for the day, making sure that 2nd listing didn't get hit. The more I think about it...the email came through the email account, looking as it came through ebay....lesson learned...only go into ebay to look at messages. It took ebay about 3 days to respond to everything and cancel the 2nd chance offers, which by then, everybody who got one of those bogus offers already knew better. We also changed the p/w 1 last time.....just for good measure!

I would say just from this 1 time, that ebay is overwhelmed in this area and doesn't have the resources to counteract the scammer on a more higher level....just looking at how long it took them to respond to my several emails and take action and how many times that 1951 red convertible has been posted and removed.

That is the story...glad you asked....at least this semi "old dawg" is now a little bit more cautious in the world of ebay.

Glen Brose
                        East of Chino Valley, AZ
                        The Home of "Charlene"
                        53 Champion Tudr Sedan

Comment

Mark,

We unfortunately answered a question, somewhere during the 1st auction, by someone, with the call sign of "arsneic"...that should have sent a red flag up....can't remember if it was an ebay message or what. However, they were able to, after the inital listing expired, to send out about 10 2nd chance offers, of which 2 of our own forum members were receipants. We notified ebay,as did others that this was going on and also changed our p/w. In the middle of the night, after the original listing expired, but as the 2nd listing was running, we got an ebay message saying that they, upon request, gave us a new temporary password....not us...so I changed the temp. password to something else again...notified ebay, again, also verified our account and was up for the day, making sure that 2nd listing didn't get hit. The more I think about it...the email came through the email account, looking as it came through ebay....lesson learned...only go into ebay to look at messages. It took ebay about 3 days to respond to everything and cancel the 2nd chance offers, which by then, everybody who got one of those bogus offers already knew better. We also changed the p/w 1 last time.....just for good measure!

I would say just from this 1 time, that ebay is overwhelmed in this area and doesn't have the resources to counteract the scammer on a more higher level....just looking at how long it took them to respond to my several emails and take action and how many times that 1951 red convertible has been posted and removed.

That is the story...glad you asked....at least this semi "old dawg" is now a little bit more cautious in the world of ebay.

Glen Brose
                          East of Chino Valley, AZ
                          The Home of "Charlene"
                          53 Champion Tudr Sedan

Comment

Glen,

Don't feel bad. I too have gotten emails that looked so legit that I was tempted to respond to them. I get several every week where someone is asking a question about something I'm not even selling. The email will have a link to respond, which of course takes you to a very official looking Ebay login page. The first time that happened I stopped dead in my tracks and looked at the url[B)]. It was phony.

Your advice about only responding to questions via the authentic Ebay page is right on.[}]

Mark,

Glen Brose
                            East of Chino Valley, AZ
                            The Home of "Charlene"
                            53 Champion Tudr Sedan

Comment

Glen,

Don't feel bad. I too have gotten emails that looked so legit that I was tempted to respond to them. I get several every week where someone is asking a question about something I'm not even selling. The email will have a link to respond, which of course takes you to a very official looking Ebay login page. The first time that happened I stopped dead in my tracks and looked at the url[B)]. It was phony.

Your advice about only responding to questions via the authentic Ebay page is right on.[}]

Mark,

Glen Brose
                              East of Chino Valley, AZ
                              The Home of "Charlene"
                              53 Champion Tudr Sedan

Comment

Working...
                              X