62 Lark 2 door
      60 Lark HT
      60 Hawk
      59 3E truck
      52 Starliner
      51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

Is that a Marshal? Did they make those in 64?

Comment

Is that a Marshal? Did they make those in 64?

Comment

Not sure if they were called that in 64, but they made them, even Avanti powered like the one in the video.

64 Commander 2 dr.
            64 GT Hawk R2 clone
            64 Daytona HT
            63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk
            63 Avanti R1
            63 Daytona convert
            63 Lark 2 door
            63 Lark 2 door #2
            62 Lark 2 door
            60 Lark HT
            60 Hawk
            59 3E truck
            52 Starliner
            51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

Not sure if they were called that in 64, but they made them, even Avanti powered like the one in the video.

64 Commander 2 dr.
              64 GT Hawk R2 clone
              64 Daytona HT
              63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk
              63 Avanti R1
              63 Daytona convert
              63 Lark 2 door
              63 Lark 2 door #2
              62 Lark 2 door
              60 Lark HT
              60 Hawk
              59 3E truck
              52 Starliner
              51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

He's really lighting up those skinny tires! Love it!

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
                '63 F2/Lark Standard
                http://studeblogger.blogspot.com
                Clark in San Diego
                '63 Standard (F2) "Barney"

Comment

He's really lighting up those skinny tires! Love it!

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
                  '63 F2/Lark Standard
                  Clark in San Diego
                  '63 Standard (F2) "Barney"

Comment

Very cool, thanks for posting Mark.

I remember the car, it was several cars down in the same aisle as me at the show at the '02 SDC national in South Bend. Owner is Joe Fay, a colorful gentleman who in appearance reminds me of the guy who played the Dad in "Dennis the Menace" on TV! He also has a black '62 Daytona Skytop and I believe is also into Checkers.

Bill Pressler
                    Kent, OH
                    Bill Pressler
                    Kent, OH
                    (formerly Greenville, PA)
                    Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                    Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                    1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                    1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                    All are in Australia now

Comment

Very cool, thanks for posting Mark.

I remember the car, it was several cars down in the same aisle as me at the show at the '02 SDC national in South Bend. Owner is Joe Fay, a colorful gentleman who in appearance reminds me of the guy who played the Dad in "Dennis the Menace" on TV! He also has a black '62 Daytona Skytop and I believe is also into Checkers.

Bill Pressler
                      Kent, OH
                      Bill Pressler
                      Kent, OH
                      (formerly Greenville, PA)
                      Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                      Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                      1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                      1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                      All are in Australia now

Comment

Yes, Studebaker Police cars were still called Marshals in 1964. I'm looking at 1964 Studebaker Brochure PD64-41, an 11X17 tri-fold, extolling the virtues of The City Marshal Six, Patrol Marshal 259, and Pursuit Marshal 289. All are available in 2 or 4-door sedan or wagon. A footnote states, "Jet Thrust Engines Available at Optional Extra Cost."

Interestingly, this piece of literature lists, to quote, "A few of the Law Enforcement Agencies and Police Departments across the country who have proved Studebaker best."

Here are all those listed. Maybe some SDC Forum Members can go smoke out an old-timer in one of these departments and unearth a Marshal in an old municipal building [][8D][}][:0]:

Northport AL, Groton CT, Shelton CT, South Windsor CT, Atlantic Beach FL, Emmett ID, Momence IL, Mishawaka IN, South Bend IN, Sea City IA (yes, Sea City Iowa!), Manhattan KS, Baltimore MD, Canby MN, Redwood Falls MN, Spring Valley MN, and Kirkwood MO.

The list continues with: Marshal MO (that would be cool; resurrecting a Marshal from Marshal!), Belmont NH, Alpha NJ, Atlantic City NJ, Lodi NJ, Manville NJ, Aurora NY, and Powhatan Point OH.

Concluding the list are: Tallmadge OH (current trivia: Tallmadge is the actual Akron-suburb home of the famous Summit Racing Equipment[:0]), Philadelphia PA, East Whiteland Township PA, Edwardsville PA, Uniontown PA, Donna TX, Morgantown WV, Harrison County IN, Duchess County NY, and Licking County OH.

That should keep all the Forum Sleuths busy for awhile... BP
                        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                        "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Yes, Studebaker Police cars were still called Marshals in 1964. I'm looking at 1964 Studebaker Brochure PD64-41, an 11X17 tri-fold, extolling the virtues of The City Marshal Six, Patrol Marshal 259, and Pursuit Marshal 289. All are available in 2 or 4-door sedan or wagon. A footnote states, "Jet Thrust Engines Available at Optional Extra Cost."

Interestingly, this piece of literature lists, to quote, "A few of the Law Enforcement Agencies and Police Departments across the country who have proved Studebaker best."

Here are all those listed. Maybe some SDC Forum Members can go smoke out an old-timer in one of these departments and unearth a Marshal in an old municipal building [][8D][}][:0]:

Northport AL, Groton CT, Shelton CT, South Windsor CT, Atlantic Beach FL, Emmett ID, Momence IL, Mishawaka IN, South Bend IN, Sea City IA (yes, Sea City Iowa!), Manhattan KS, Baltimore MD, Canby MN, Redwood Falls MN, Spring Valley MN, and Kirkwood MO.

The list continues with: Marshal MO (that would be cool; resurrecting a Marshal from Marshal!), Belmont NH, Alpha NJ, Atlantic City NJ, Lodi NJ, Manville NJ, Aurora NY, and Powhatan Point OH.

Concluding the list are: Tallmadge OH (current trivia: Tallmadge is the actual Akron-suburb home of the famous Summit Racing Equipment[:0]), Philadelphia PA, East Whiteland Township PA, Edwardsville PA, Uniontown PA, Donna TX, Morgantown WV, Harrison County IN, Duchess County NY, and Licking County OH.

That should keep all the Forum Sleuths busy for awhile... BP
                          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                          "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I'm told London, Ontario used 63's. I live 30 minutes away and haven't found one yet!
                            Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Comment

I'm told London, Ontario used 63's. I live 30 minutes away and haven't found one yet!
                              Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Comment

Working...
                              X