64 Studebaker Squad Car in Action

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[quote]Originally posted by Marshal

The Youtube Marshal was owned by the museum from 1983 to 1997. In 1997 it was auctioned off for $1500.00 to me, Joe Fay. The current Marshal at the museum is the Washinton State test vehicle. Once the Washington State vehicle arrived at the Museum, Richard Quinn convinced the Museum to auction off the unrestored black Marshal. Mr. Quinn hoped it would be restored.

Here are some pictures of the Washington Marshal I took in 1994.

Yours in 2002:

A pic of an anonymous one I took in 1983 before I knew how 'special' a '64 Marshal was:

Craig
    Last edited by 8E45E; 12-26-2014, 10:33 AM.

Comment

I am confused .. someone posting on this thread owns the one in the
      video posted? Any chance of getting some footage of it, preferably
      the tire spinning part or hard cornering? I only need around a 30
      second clip. I need to get some video of my Avanti stopping and am
      going to get some donut videos. Honestly I dont even know if the old
      R1 has enough oomph left in it to do a donut.

Tom
      '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
      Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
      http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
      I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

I am confused .. someone posting on this thread owns the one in the
        video posted? Any chance of getting some footage of it, preferably
        the tire spinning part or hard cornering? I only need around a 30
        second clip. I need to get some video of my Avanti stopping and am
        going to get some donut videos. Honestly I dont even know if the old
        R1 has enough oomph left in it to do a donut.

Tom
        '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
        Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
        I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

Sorry for the confusion, I, Joe Fay, id "Marshal" own the Youtube Marshal. I did not make the video nor do I have a copy of it.....I found the video on Youtube when doing a search, talk about surprises! Sorry I can't help in getting a copy. You might want to try contacting the person who put the video up on YouTube.

The other black Marshal depicted in the post above appears to be the State oF Maine car owned by Dick Dow.

Other program Marshals still around:

State Of Wisconcin
          City of Miami
          State of Kansas
          LAPD
          NYPD

Non Program R1 Marshals:

Iowa Marshal now resides in Indiana

"Just the facts Mam"

Comment

Sorry for the confusion, I, Joe Fay, id "Marshal" own the Youtube Marshal. I did not make the video nor do I have a copy of it.....I found the video on Youtube when doing a search, talk about surprises! Sorry I can't help in getting a copy. You might want to try contacting the person who put the video up on YouTube.

The other black Marshal depicted in the post above appears to be the State oF Maine car owned by Dick Dow.

Other program Marshals still around:

State Of Wisconcin
            City of Miami
            State of Kansas
            LAPD
            NYPD

Non Program R1 Marshals:

Iowa Marshal now resides in Indiana

"Just the facts Mam"

Comment

The only details about the car I took the photo of in 1983 are as follows:

Cloth seat inserts.
              AM/FM radio
              HD 3 spd standard
              Stainless steel capping on the driver's door below the window, similar to a G.T. Hawk

It had Wisconsin plates on it at the time, appeared to be originally Astra white, and a '55 Clipper 'ball-in-the-boomerang' hood ornament.

Craig

Comment

The only details about the car I took the photo of in 1983 are as follows:

Cloth seat inserts.
                AM/FM radio
                HD 3 spd standard
                Stainless steel capping on the driver's door below the window, similar to a G.T. Hawk

It had Wisconsin plates on it at the time, appeared to be originally Astra white, and a '55 Clipper 'ball-in-the-boomerang' hood ornament.

Craig

Comment

Oh thats a kick! So the owner of the Stude police car doesnt even
                  have a copy of the video, and the guy that has the video wants 14
                  bucks for it? Wow. That sucks man, you would think that you would
                  have got a copy for supplying the car!!

Tom

Comment

Oh thats a kick! So the owner of the Stude police car doesnt even
                    have a copy of the video, and the guy that has the video wants 14
                    bucks for it? Wow. That sucks man, you would think that you would
                    have got a copy for supplying the car!!

Tom

Comment

The Chicago Emergency Vehicle Show is the biggest emergency vehicle show in the country. About 50 drivers run their cars through the road course. about 200 vehicles are displayed. There are usually five or six different film crews and local TV stations filming at any one time. The guy who filmed the Marshal has a local community access TV show.

The Marshal has a pretty big fan club now. The Marshal appears to be the benchmark to beat in course times. I have had young uniformed policemen approach me to tell me how happy they were to beat me by one second in their new 2006 Dodge Charger police package. Pretty ironic considering that the Marshal is stock and 45 years old.

This year as awards were being handed out by police car class, the MC would hand the driver his trophy.....then say "oh by the way the Studebaker still beat you". That's now the catch phrase at the event.

The only thing that stinks about the event is that it conflicts date wise with the Blackhawk chapters big show at the Illinois rail museum.

On the above thread, I guess the MArshal in the 1983 picture is not Dave Dow's car but the STate of Wisconcin car that now resides in Michigan.

"Just the facts Mam"

Comment

The Chicago Emergency Vehicle Show is the biggest emergency vehicle show in the country. About 50 drivers run their cars through the road course. about 200 vehicles are displayed. There are usually five or six different film crews and local TV stations filming at any one time. The guy who filmed the Marshal has a local community access TV show.

The Marshal has a pretty big fan club now. The Marshal appears to be the benchmark to beat in course times. I have had young uniformed policemen approach me to tell me how happy they were to beat me by one second in their new 2006 Dodge Charger police package. Pretty ironic considering that the Marshal is stock and 45 years old.

This year as awards were being handed out by police car class, the MC would hand the driver his trophy.....then say "oh by the way the Studebaker still beat you". That's now the catch phrase at the event.

The only thing that stinks about the event is that it conflicts date wise with the Blackhawk chapters big show at the Illinois rail museum.

On the above thread, I guess the MArshal in the 1983 picture is not Dave Dow's car but the STate of Wisconcin car that now resides in Michigan.

"Just the facts Mam"

Comment

Working...
                        X