This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water pump Needed

I am the proud owner of a 53 Studebaker Truck and am ready to start the restoration after I sell my buick. First on the list is a new / rebuilt waterpump. the existing one leaks. Any Suggestions on where to get a reliable one.

Next question

Is there a good source for wiring harness and things like paint for the engine...

If your interested in seeing my baby she can be found at

http://c.davidjohnson.org/PhotoAlbum.aspx?ID=1

Missionary Serving in my appointed field

Heh - here's a surprize for you, DJ. You're the owner of a 1955 truck - not a '53. Which leads me to the next question: Which engine does your truck have? Assuming it's the original, it could be a flathead 6 or a V8. Since you don't have a pic of the engine compartment, we don't know.

There's LOTS of Stude parts vendors that can help. Fairborn Studebaker - (937) 878-1576, SASCO (800) 722-4295, SI (317)462-3124 and many more.
    Your truck - if it has a little 6 in it, would be known as an E5. A Big 6 would make it an E6. If it has a V8, it'll be an E7.

Best thing you can do is join SDC and buy the pertinent shop manual and parts book. Both are available from numerous vendors.

Oh - and welcome to the wonderful world of Studebakers!

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President 2-dr
    1955 President State
    1951 Champion Biz cpe
    1963 Daytona project FS
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Page two of DJ's photo page shows the truck to be a six...
      I can't really tell which 'six' from the picture though, sorry! It's been too long since I've seen either of those motors.

StudeDave [8D]
      V/P San Diego County SDC
      San Diego, Ca

'54 Commander 4dr
      '57 Parkview (it's a 2dr wagon...)
      '57 Commander 2dr
      '57 Champion 2dr
      '58 Packard sedan
      '65 Cruiser
      StudeDave '57
      US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
      SDC Member since 1985

past President
      Whatcom County Chapter SDC
      San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
      San Diego Chapter SDC
      North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Thanks Dave! I didn't realize there WAS a Page 2.[B)] But that's sure enough a 170 cu.in. 6 What we commonly call a "Champion Six", DJ. The reason bein' that that motor first debuted in the all-new 1939 Champion.

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe
        1957 President 2-dr
        1955 President State
        1951 Champion Biz cpe
        1963 Daytona project FS
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

It is definatly a 6 Cyl. I will find out the numbers and pull the part number off teh old pump when I get home tonight.

I appreachiate knowing that its a 55.

The engine will be origional. the truck has sat since 61. It fired right up when I went to start it.. I just had to put a new coil & battery.

Missionary Serving in my appointed field

Comment

DJ, there won't be any numbers on the pump that mean anything to identifying it. Take my word for it, it's a 170cu.in. "Champion" 6. Pump part # is 682630

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe
            1957 President 2-dr
            1955 President State
            1951 Champion Biz cpe
            1963 Daytona project FS

Comment

Working...
            X